Chapter 24

Christina

The day passed by, and Kendall never left my side. Kim and Kevin both left to pick up some of my clothes and get some lunch.

The next morning, I woke up early knowing my parents were on their way to the hospital, and I shook in fear as I tried to gather my thoughts and start to think of a good excuse of why I was here. Kendall sat down in the chair next to my bed, as he played with my fingers.

"Just tell them the truth." Kendall added.

"The whole truth? Kendall, you know how my father is. He will forbid me to leave the house if he knew what Colton did." I spoke, as Kendall quietly winced. The whole thought of what Colton did to me just brought bad memories of how he found me yesterday.

"He also won't be happy of that stupid man who hurt his daughter and just now got back with her." He mumbled as he brought my hand up to his lips and kissed my palm. I put my finger under his chin and gently brought his face up to mine.

"That man was never stupid, did you forget he saved her life?" I smiled. His eyes widened and he straightened himself.

"How did you know?"

"Who rescued me from the house?" I thought it was obvious thanks to him, I didn't have a black eye, a broken nose, or even worse..

"Oh, of course." He seemed to relax, and he slumped back into the chair.

"What are you hiding?" I asked.

"Nothing sweetheart. Go to sleep, you barely got any rest."

"I think I'll be fine, if you tell me why you acted all frightened a second ago." I spoke, and he quickly shook his head. The phone from the hospital ringed and he answered.

"Hello... Yes... Yes she's awake... Send them up. Thank you." He hung up, "Your parents are here."

I quickly panicked. "W-What. What am I going to say?!"

"Tell them what really went on." He started to put on his sweater.

"Aren't you staying with me?" I begged. He shook his head, and walked over to me.

"Your parents won't really be happy if they see me here. I think it's better if they not know about me until you're out of here. Kevin will step in for me. I will keep an eye on you at all times." He kissed me softly and waved goodbye. "The truth." He reminded me, before he stepped out of the room and shut the door

I was left alone to stare at the white wall. slowly taking deep breaths and counting up to one hundred. over and over again.

there was a knock on the door, and my parents spotted across the room looking for me.

"Christina, oh we were so worried!" My mother hurried to my side and held me.

"Mom i am fine."

"Tell us what happened?" My father asked.

"I-I..." I stuttered. "Colton."

"Oh yes, that handsome man. Is he here?" My mother's eyes brigthened.

"M-Mom. We broke up."

"Why? Did he hurt you?" My father stiffened.

"Mom, Dad.. He is the reason I am here." I gulped. They both stared in confusion. "He tried to poison me, and he punched me in the face."

My mother gasped and pulled me into a hug, my father got furious.

"Son of a bitch- He is not getting away with this. This is exactly why I knew you were too young to date."

"Phil." My mom warned him.

"I'm calling the police."

"Kevin, already did."

"Kevin?" My mother pulled back and removed a strand of hair that was on my face.

"He saw him, and he rescued me, Kim was there too." I smiled, at the thought of that 3rd person who was there.

"We owe them a lot." My father spoke up. "How long are you going to be in here?"

"About two weeks." I said.

"We'll come visit you every day."

"But don't you both have work?" I asked. They worked all day.

"Yes but were going to take a week off each,"

"But the bills are piling up, i'll be fine." I held each of their hand. I didn't want my parents here, spying on me. Kendall could take care of me.

"Sweetie." My mom insisted.

"Mom, I'll be fine."

"Just don't think you can go and date someone behind our back." My father threatened. Ironically, I was.

"No one, dad. Got it." I said. It hurt to lie. But I wasn't going to let anyone get between me and Kendall.