Chapter 12

I woke up from bed and walked to the kitchen. It was already afternoon. I grabbed a hold of my head. Damn, no wonder it hurts. Just then I heard snoring. My heart sped up. Who was here? I quickly grabbed one of my mom's good pans and walked out. There were two dark moving objects in the middle of the living room floor. As I sneaked up, a head popped up. I banged my pan against it, until I heard a scream.

"Ow!" Kevin held his head.

"Kevin?!"

"That's my name!" He said sarcastically.

"Sorry, Sorry!" I immediately dropped the pan. "What are you guys doing here!?"

"Keeping you company." Kim said.

"I'm perfectly fine by myself."

"Yeah, I know that now." Kevin still grabbed his head.

I ran to the kitchen to get him a bag of ice for his head, then sat down next to them.

"Kendall called us around 3 in the morning, and told us to keep an eye on you."

I looked down. A constant reminder of him will sure to keep appearing. I looked back at the living room, remembering the disaster that I made. But it was clean.

"Yeah, we cleaned the room for when your parents come home." Kevin smiled.

"Thanks, but they're not coming for 3 more weeks."

"Well we just wanted all the bad memories gone." Kim smiled.

"Thanks you guys." I hugged them. "But it's okay. I am going to be reminded of him anyway." I sighed. Both of them looked down in disappointment. Moments of silence passed.

"Why did he call?" I asked.

"He wouldn't tell us. We kept asking were he was, but he never answered." Kevin shrugged.

"What about your parents?"

"They know he's gone, but we told them a lighter version of the story. But they're okay now."

I nodded.

"How about you? How are you feeling?"

"I'm alright." I tried putting up a face that made it seem like everything was normal.

"Doesn't seem like it." Kevin rubbed my back.

"Well, I am."

"So, what do you want to do today?" Kim asked.

"Nothing. Absolutely nothing at all."

"Come on, you gotta do something!"

"Shopping?" Kim asked. I shook my head.

"Let's go grab breakfast!" Kevin said.

"Breakfast?" I asked looking at the clock.

"Okay Lunch!" Kevin laughed.

"Alright, I'll get the car." I stood up.

Time to move on.

***

We arrived at Kevin's favorite restaurant. He quickly knew what to eat.

"Meat fajitas, please!" He smiled like a 4 year old, as we gave our waiter back the menus.

"Alright." He gave Kevin a weird look. And smiled at Kim and I. "Be right back." He winked and left.

"Oh, la, la. He is cute!" Kim stared after him. "Look at that ass.." She added in a quieter tone. I giggled.

"HEY!" Kevin snapped.

"For Christina! I meant for Christina!!" She added.

"Oh, fine." Kevin leaned back on his chair.

"What do you think?" Kim whispered.

"He is cute." I agreed.

"So, you'd date him?"

"I don't even know him."

"I'll get his number for you!" She quickly stood up.

"No!" I pulled her down. Everyone in the restaurant looked at us.

"Come on Christina!"

"Kim, not now.. I need a break."

"Come on, he is totally into you!"

I shook my head. "He's too good for me."

"It's worth a try. And stop saying that!"

"I'm worthless, Kim! WORTHLESS!" I looked down.

"You're not worthless." A voice came behind me. I turned around to the blonde guy.

"Hey." I stood up, and gulped.

"Can we talk?" He asked. I looked back at Kim, she nodded eagerly.

"Sure." I nodded, memories from last night flooded my head.

He came quickly behind me. Leaving the restaurant. As soon as I turned around. He kissed me for a couple of moments, unthinkingly I ran my fingers through his blonde hair. Remembering how they felt.

"I'm sorry." He pulled back.

"Sorry for what?"

"For last night, and right now. You probably hate me."

"Hate you? No. Never." I hugged him, feeling secure in his arms.

"I was stupid last night."

"It's all in the past."

"It's just... The way he treated you.." I felt his hands turn into fists at the small of my back.

Silent moments passed.

"Why are you here?" I asked.

"You don't want me here?" He asked.

"No, No. It's just..." I could tell he was hurt by the thought. "I didn't think you would be here."

"Well I am. I'm your guardian angel now." He giggled.

"You always were." I smiled.

"Why are you being all flirty?" He grinned.

"I... Don't know.." We both laughed.

"Look.... I really, really,..."

"Don't say anything." I put my finger to his lips.

"Okay." He mumbled against it. "Well, I have to go. I have to finish this thing.."

"Okay." I backed away. He grabbed me by the wrists and kissed me. "Bye." he winked, and began walking.

"Later, Colton." I smiled.