Chapter Thirteen: I'm Better

The next day, around four in the afternoon—work is finished, so the family decided to walk nearby the seashore. Dahyun is carrying Bentley on one arm, giggling with him, who kept on saying he wanted to get thrown to the sea.

"Ah, should I throw you now?" Dahyun would joke around, swinging him over and over again as if she's going to do it. Sana would only shake her head in disbelief while William would stumble, fall to the sand as he laughs. "Ya, be careful," The pale woman said, looking at the older boy standing up with his thumbs up.

"I'm okay!" and then he ran, one fist raised as if he is impersonating Superman flying, only that he stumbled again. "The sand is making me fall," he said before standing up once more.

"Don't run, William," Sana shouted, and then she put Bentley's shoes on him. She didn't want Dahyun to carry him all the way—the child is heavy, even she gets tired whenever.

While the three stopped walking because of Ben's shoes, William wandered alone, kicking the sand with his little feet, humming a dinosaur song. "Mommy—" He looked back, still walking forward with small steps, though. "What are they doing?" Bumping onto someone.

"Oh, sor—William?" It was Jungkook, who is walking alone and looking at the skies. The little boy was also surprised to see his dad there. "You're here too..."

"Daddy," The boy mumbled before he got locked inside the man's arms. Jungkook was happy to see him here after a long and tiring day. "Why are you here too?" William asked after his dad kissed him on the cheek.

"Shouldn't I be the one asking that?" He chuckled, "Where's mommy?" in an excited tone. That immediately changed after his eyes landed on the three coming their way. "It's her again," Jungkook murmured as he stands up.

"Jungkook..." Sana halted mid-way, and Dahyun noticed that.

Clenching her jaw, she suddenly held Sana's hand tight. "I'm here," Dahyun seriously said, piercing through her eyes as if she wanted the woman to only look at her.

Slowly, William walked back beside Dahyun, "You really love competing, don't you?" The man whispered to himself, feeling the worst after seeing his family closer to the woman than him. Jungkook knows what he did, but he doesn't believe that he deserves to get treated this way. He is the father, no matter what.

"Hey, Sana. Glad to see you here," Changing his expression to a friendly one, he walked closer to them.

Dahyun felt the grip on her hand, but she couldn't do anything. It is not like she can stop the man, so she only heaved a sigh. "Mr. Jeon, good to see you here," wearing a side smirk, and the man did not even glance at her for once.

"Are you here for a vacation?" He asked Sana, brightly smiling. "Just like before? What a coincidence. I feel like this is a second chance—"

"Then you are feeling the wrong way. We are here on a business trip. And if this is a vacation, this is their vacation with me." Dahyun felt uncomfortable, so she thought, what more for Sana?

"Dahyun," Sana whispered, and that was a sign for her to stop. Dahyun didn't want to spit out words in a rude way, but he's too insensitive, and he should've known that.

I do not know what you are planning and why you are suddenly acting as if you two are fine. Slowly, I think I am getting it, maybe you are terrified to lose everything although you have pushed them long ago. Too bad, I won't leave.

Those were, exactly, the words she wanted to say. Only if she doesn't respect Sana, she probably would have. "If you'll excuse us, we'll go ahead," but,