Chapter Nineteen: The Questions in Love

After that bedroom encounter, Sana never said a single word to Dahyun, although the latter always tried to talk to her about little things. She even asked the dumbest of the dumb only to build a conversation between them. After a few more tries, Dahyun decided to give up for a little while. She didn't want Sana to get irritated by her presence.

On the other hand, Sana doesn't have an idea of how to respond to that story. For some reason, there was confusion inside her head, and doubts, uncertainties—even distrust. It is best to stay silent in situations like this. One should not forget never to let themselves get so angry that they stop loving. Because the day they wake up from anger, and the person they love isn't around anymore, they will drown in regrets.

Sana busied herself in the kitchen or the laundry area, children's bedroom, cleaning around the house—literally anywhere Dahyun wouldn't be. The latter concedes, though. Because when you love, you understand a mistake, and you accept the setback.

"Why is mommy sad?" William asked Dahyun. And so she quickly shifted her gaze to Sana, who looks sullen while looking at the laptop. At first look, she doesn't seem like it, but her eyes wouldn't lie. "Did something happen?"

"Mommy is sad," Dahyun started speaking after realizing Sana was looking at her father's old photo. "Because your grandfather had to go on an adventure," she said, causing Bentley to look at her in wonder. "That adventure is very important," she had to do actions while telling them that so they wouldn't get sad. "It is so serious that he may not come back anymore."

"Mommy misses him?" Bentley asked.

"Yes," she answered. "Mommy is not used to," Dahyun heaved a sigh, feeling sorry about it too. "Not having him around."

The two kids nodded their heads. "Do you also get sad when you miss mommy?" William suddenly asked, and that caused a burden inside Dahyun's heart.

"I get very, very sad," Dahyun answered, just looking at Sana from a distance. She misses her girlfriend now. It is difficult to miss someone who is only right before your eyes, yet they seem so hard to reach.