Episode 19

Soyeon POV

Sure enough Miyeon nagged at me for being careless, but I couldn't care less.

Ateez. Ateez.

I can't find any folder of such a group.

Running over to Minnie's room. I barge in, "i need you to find anything you can about Ateez."

"What the hell is an ateez?"

"Do as I say and be quick." I order, going back to my office.

Looking through the old folders, I try to see if i missed anything.

After an hour, Minnie comes in, "So have you found anything?"

"Nothing much, just this." She tell us giving me a picture.

" She tell us giving me a picture

"Very helpful." I state, rubbing my forehead. "Thanks anyway."

~

The next few days, were painfully slow, I couldn't get in contact with NCT in anyway possible.

My work was getting less and less thses days making it quite difficult to distract myself from all this drama going on.

With quite small mission being available, it wasn't much of a hassle or a deal to finish, however, it meant a lower pay.

Putting everything aside, I go to my room, take a warm shower and change.

When I was going to pay down, I heard my window lock twitching.

Slowly taking out my knife, I walk towards the window with slow and steady steps, trying my best not to make a sound.

As the stranger enters, I strangle him and pin him to the wall next to the window, with my knife at his neck.

"Woah! It's me." The guy says.

Backing up, "Taeyong!"

"Yea, finally I get to be with you.That's better." He backed me against it and leant against me.

"Just let me hold you a moment. I've not had a chance just to touch you since those killers went for us."

I let him hold me, feeling completely overwhelmed by his tenderness. There was a desperate edge to
his embrace, perhaps we both knew that we were lucky to be breathing, let alone hugging each other.

"Soyeon, I couldn't bear it if something happened to you," he whispered, his hands playing in the hair that I had let hang loose about my face to hide the bruise.
"Why? Is something going to happen?"

"Kun saw something." He whispers yet again

"I take it, it doesn't look good."

"I don't know, I can't tell you, because he wouldn't tell me properly. I just want you to be safe ok." He replies.

It was so frustrating. These hints and half-spoken warnings were driving me crazy. Being a savant must really stink.

"Yeah, it does."

"You're doing it again, reading my mind! Stop it. It's mine-private." I folded my arms across my chest
and moved away from him.

"I seem to be always apologizing to you, but I really am sorry. I can read you more clearly than I can other
people-it kind of leaks out of you into my head."

"And that's supposed to make me feel better?" My voice had a weird high pitch to it.

"No, it's an explanation. You could learn to build shields, you know."
"What?"

"Basic savant training. Living in a family of them,
you soon learn to start shielding."

"But I'm not a savant."

"You are. And I think deep down you know it too."

I fisted my hands in my hair. "Stop it. I don't want to hear this."

You're bad. Bad. Always making everyone unhappy. "No I'm not!"
I wasn't talking to him any longer, but the whispers in my head.

"Soyeon." Taeyong tugged at my fists, pulling them away from my temples and drawing me towards him. His
hands took up their slow caress again, running through the length of my hair, letting it fall back on my
shoulders.
"You're beautiful. The furthest thing from bad that I've ever met."

"What do you see-what do you know about where I came from?" I asked in a small voice. "You've given hints. You know stuff about me that I don't."

I could hear a sigh rumble in his chest. "Nothing clear. Telling the past is more Jaehyun's gift than mine."

I gave a shuddering laugh. "Don't take this the wrong way but I kinda wanna stay away from Jae."

He swayed with me in his arms for the moment. It was like dancing without music, falling into the same
rhythm.

"You want to know why I didn't call you?"
I nodded.
"I couldn't. We were on lockdown. I've got some more bad news."

"What? Worse than some maniac being out to murder your family? I needed to know that you were
all right. I needed to know you were all right."

"Hendrey put us on code neo. It means we can't communicate outside NCT."

I couldn't help wondering where that put me in his order of priorities. He'd claimed I was his soulfinder after all.

"We don't know who might be listening in to our calls. I should've found a way to get a message to
you but I was afraid to use telepathy."

"Why?"
"That's the bad news. We think they've got a savant on the assassin team. They shouldn't have been able to get so close to us. Johnny's gift is to
sense danger. He should have known they were out there unless they were shielded by a powerful savant. You can listen in on telepathy just as you can with speech if you have the gift. I didn't want anything I did to tip them off about you."

"So it's not just NCT who can do telepathy?"

Ooh, things are heating up!
Extra update, coz I luv y'all! 💚