Chapter 5

Dream smirked as he stared into the golden eyes that had replaced Tommy's blue ones. He knew that Azazel would enjoy practicing his puppeteering with Tommy as the puppet. His son had always been less calculating and patient then him, preferring immediate entertainment that Tommy would be perfect to provide. "You know where to go once you figure this out," Dream waved a dismissive hand towards Azazel, "I have work to attend to." Dream then began to stride towards the Portal, leaving Tommy once again alone to deal with his Dreamons.

As Tommy had his eyes forced open, he found himself no longer in the void but once again in his body. He could feel the ground poking into his skin as he lay there, desperately trying to move anything. "You have no control," Tommy's voice rang out into the jungle despite Tommy himself not saying anything, "You are merely getting a front seat view of my show." Tommy watched as he stood up wobbly, pain shooting up through his legs. Tommy realized that he could still very much use all of his senses and cringed at the pain despite nothing on his face changing. There was nothing that Tommy could do but watch and pray that the Dreamon would not take advantage of this easily exploitable weakness.

Azazel loved having a human form. His father had told him that controlling a body was difficult, but Azazel quickly decided that statement to be false. Within the hour, Azazel had already begun to sprint like a spry deer. A frowning mask covered his face and yet he could still see better than most humans. Ancient power rushed through Azazel's veins as he sprinted around the forest, leaping gracefully over logs and ducking under vines. But it wasn't long before Azazel got bored with this low risk activity. He wanted to have some fun.

Tommy watched helplessly as the reality of his situation sunk in. He had been betrayed once again by his best friend. Tricked into handing his body over to a dreamon through his blind and desperate trust. His legs pounded on the ground beneath him as he silently begged them to stop as exhaustion plagued his body. He wistfully wished that he hadn't let Dream talk him off that tower that he had built so many nights ago before his legs gave out, his body shutting down from the fatigue of this very long day.