Chapter 4- Ready For The Letdown

"You've got to be kidding me!" I almost shouted. My stomach clenched, I thought I was going to throw up. I turned around and started shoving my way through the group of boys around the list.

"Hey!"

"Watch it!"

"That was my foot!"

I didn't care what people were saying. I needed to see the list. Jordan had to be lying. I did amazing yesterday! I finally got to where I could see the list and I read it eagerly, praying to see my name.

OFFENSE:

Center-Parker Davids

(1) Running Back-Braden Scott

(2) Running Back-Travis Black

(1) Wide Reciever-Seth Emerson

(2) Wide Reciever-Blake Emerson

Tight End- Spencer Bell

Right Offensive Guard-Nick Jackson

Left Offensive Guard-Ryan Anderson

Right Offensive Tackle- Jordan Sage

Left Offensive Tackle-Hunter Michaelson

Wait.. So that means..

Quarterback-Alex Hays

I think my heart stopped beating. Or jumped out of my chest, I'm not sure which. I turned around and shoved people out of my way until I could see Jordan. I ran and jumped at him, wrapping my legs around his waist in a hug.

"You're such a jackass! I hate you!" I yelled at him.

He laughed, "Congratulations." He set me back down on my feet, smiling.

"Same to you!" I said, giving him a normal hug where both of my feet stayed on the ground. "I have to go call my dad!" I squealed while pulling my phone out of my pocket and going to stand outside of the noisy office.

I typed in my dad's familiar number and pressed the green call button. *Ring* *Ring* *Rin-

"Hello?" My dad's voice came through the speaker.

"Daddy! I made the team!" I almost shouted. "I'm first-string Quarterback!"

"Honey that's great!" I could hear his smile through the phone. "What about Jordan?"

"He's first-string OT. On my right though. Hunter is on my left." I said, still not fully trusting Hunter to guard my blind spot.

"Good! Have you called Jake yet? I'm sure he's going nuts at the house." Dad replied

"No. I wanted to tell you first. I'll call him now! Love you daddy!" I said, then pulled the phone from my ear and redialed to Jake.

When he answered, I didn't hesitate to tell him the amazing news.

"I knew you would make it! You've always been a kick-ass player. If they didn't put you on the team they would have had to deal with me. And you know that nobody wants to do that." He joked

"Woah, better calm that ego. Don't want to get a big head." I joked back, laughing. The bell rang, giving me the two minute warning to get to class. "Hey Jake I've got to go to class, see you when I get home. I love you!"

"Love you too. Don't get pregnant!" I heard him say as I hung up.

I caught back up with Jordan as we walked to class. A thought pricked at the back of my mind, so I voiced it.

"Did the list say who was Captain?" I asked Jordan

"Yeah." He responded, not meeting my eyes.

"Well? Who is it?" I demanded.

"It's Hunter."