Chaper 10- Erm.. What The Hell?

**SINCE I'M NICE AND UPDATED SO QUICKLY, GO CHECK OUT MY FRIENDS BOOKS. PLEASE. YAY. @morganb2468 @kristin350 THEY'RE NEW TO WATTPAD AND YOU NEED TO CHECK THEM OUT. PLEASE. I JUST WROTE A CHAPTER FOR YOU AT 2 IN THE MORNING. ByE**

I haven't showered in two days. I've sat in the stupid plastic chair next to dad's bed while random people on the team have brought me food. Jordan didn't leave my side until about and hour ago to go talk to coach about the game tonight. I wasn't sure if we could still play considering we had missed two practices and it was already noon and I still wasn't at school.

Dad still hasn't woken up since he didn't go to slepp until about two this morning. He looked so fragile. His cheeks were sunken in and he had dark circles under his eyes. The doctors said he could go home in about a week and he should go back to normal unless something goes wrong.

I heard the door open and I turned around expecting to see Jordan, but the person standing there was the last one I expected to see.

Hunter walked towards me and held out a McDonalds bag. I took it with a questioning look. I was starving so I tore into the fries as he sat in the seat that Jordan had occupied only an hour earlier.

"Why the nice gesture? And shouldn't you be in school?" I asked him.

"Look, this doesn't mean I like you, but I know what you're going through. My dad died of a heart attack when I was a freshman. And I'm on lunch break and thought you might need something to eat. Nothing more than that." He got up and left just as Jordan walked into the room with Dairy Queen.

"Oh. I guess you already have food." He sat the bag next to me and sat down. "What was that about?"

"Did you know Hunter's dad died of a heart attack?" I asked him as my eyes rested on my own father.

"No. Is that why he was here?"

"Pretty much. What did coach say about the game tonight?" I stuffed fries into my mouth and took a slurp of the blizzard that Jordan brought me.

"They really need you to play. He said you're still eligible if you make it to the school by two. Same with me. I don't want Hunter to play for you, but I don't want to leave your dad." He explained.

"Go." My dad's morning voice filled my ears. "Go and play. You can't miss a game because of me." He said. I hadn't realized he woke up. I looked from him to Jordan and then back. He gave me a reassuring nod and I reluctantly decided to go.

"Okay dad. I love you. I'll come back right after the game. I promise." I kissed him on the cheek and then followed Jordan out the door.

"Can we stop by my house? I want to shower and change clothes." I asked as we stood in the elevator. I yawned really loudly and didn't bother to cover my mouth.

"Sure. How long has it been since you slept?" He asked, probably examining the bags under my eyes.

"Tuesday night. I've been looking after dad. No time to sleep."

****************

When we got to the school it felt nice to be around people again. We made it right at two o clock, just in time for Chemistry. Jordan walked with me to my locker and then to my classroom. Hunter didn't say a word to me the whole class which I was very happy about. When the bell rang I hurried to the locker room to get my bag. Jordan was waiting outside to walk me to the bus. It was an away game.

When we got to the spot behind the school where the bus sat idling, most of the team was already there. Blake came up to me and gave me a long, greatly needed hug. Braden was quick to follow.