Chapter 9

"I don't think that's how you're supposed to do it" Aidan said in a concerned voice as he reached his hand to grab my camera and I moved away from him. No one was allowed to touch my precious camera.

"You're not the photographer. I am" I snapped, and Aidan raised his hands in the air in a defensive manner with a smile.

"I'll stop talking" Aidan responded as he placed both of his hands in his pockets.

"Thank you" I said with a smile as I flicked through the settings of the camera. "There" I added, and I looked up at him.

"It looks way better" He approved, and I smiled again. I brought the camera up to my eye level and Aidan took numerous steps back. An elderly woman gently brushed her hand across my shoulder since she wanted to get past me.

"Oh sorry" I kindly apologised and she grinned at me, and I turned my attention back to Aidan who was patiently waiting for me to take his picture. He was standing under a large tree that had orange and green leaves. The colours were blooming and truly magnificent and Aidan just standing under there waiting for me was just so cute.

I paused before pressing on the button of my camera and I took a few more pictures of Aidan. I played around with the depth of field and other settings to bring the images to life. I removed the camera away from my eye and I gave Aidan a thumbs up. He quickly strolled over to me, g gently taking the camera from my hands and his fingers touched mine as he took it. I pressed my lips together and I looked at my surroundings. 

Autumn was finally here, and it was one of my favourite seasons. I adored the orange and brown colours that filled the ground, it was beautiful and really refreshing. I itched my head I gazed up at Aidan who really wanted to hang out with my day but before he asked, I was planning on finish my assignments, but I guess that could wait.

"You did amazing with these. You should be my photographer" Aidan grinned and I scoffed at his comment.

"Stop" I gushed, and he smirked at me, and we both entered the Mexican restaurant together. The waiter assigned our seats in the middle of the restaurant, but I wanted to sit near the windows.

"So after college are you going to go into Psychology or-" I said as the waiter came back with our meals. I had ordered some Quesadillas because I loved them and Aidan got some burritos along with some rice.

"Nah. I think I'm going to stick with Art or go into interior design" He responded as he took a sip of his water.

"So why did you pick Psychology to get a degree in if you're going to work on becoming an Artist?" I questioned him and I took a small bite of my food.

I mean I was probably going to do the exact same thing. I really wanted to be a writer, but I was still unsure since I loved the idea of being a counsellor and I was extremely passionate about that.

"Mmm, because-"

"Because you found out that I was taking Psychology as well" I teased and Aidan's eyes gleamed and he leaned back in his seat with a smile plastered on his face.

"Oh my" He laughed, and his laugh made my heart warm.

"I don't think we can be friends Aidan" I sighed as I looked down at my food, pretending to be disappointed in him.

"Oh, so we're friends now?"

"No, we're not friends" I quickly said as I folded my arms together.

"So, what are we then?" He asked me as he gripped both of his hands on each side of the table. I twisted my lips together and I turned my head away from him and I could feel him staring right at me.