Chapter 43

"Adrianna" My sister announced but I couldn't get myself to look at her. My mind was elsewhere, it was occupied by the thought of him and him only.

"Mrs Morales" Gabriella laughed, and I peeled my eyes away from the bedcovers that I had been staring endlessly at to see Gabby smiling right at me.

"You're always zoning out. When did you start doing that?" My sister chuckled and I shrugged my shoulders with a half-smile.

Gabriella had spent the last few days helping me to reorganise my room, at the moment she was sorting out files and throwing out documents that I didn't need anymore. A few hours ago, we both worked on painting my walls a brand new white and changing the lightbulbs. The painting was very fun and quite therapeutic, I guess that was a reason as to why Aidan always painted.

"I don't really know" I responded, and I pushed myself up from my bed and headed straight to my window. It was drizzling with rain outside, and everything looked so subdued and boring. I placed my hands behind my back, fiddling with my fingers as I took in the fine details of the raindrops that were sprinkled all over my window.

The people from across the street were running for cover as other were protected by their huge umbrellas. My eyes followed a walker and his pet dog, the paws of the light furry animal stepped into the murky puddles and the dog stopped for a second to sniff a streetlamp.

I heard my sister shuffling a few objects around and I didn't pay no attention to what she was even doing.

"In six months it's going to be two years since you and Aidan got together" My sister randomly said and I bit the inside of my cheek. I don't know why she needed to bring that up and now I was starting to feel even worse.

"Time flies" I answered quietly, and I could feel that annoying sadness coming back to me.

"Are you going to travel to France with him?" My sister asked me, and my heart started to ache. "I know how much you want to go back home" She softly added.

"No"

"Well, that wasn't the answer that I was expecting from you. You always talk about wanting to go to France especially with Aidan" Gabby babbled on, and the mentioning of his name stabbed me in my chest, I could feel myself beginning to panic inside.

"Yeah, but not with him. Plans changed" I bluntly said as I watched a man grab a hold onto the woman's hand as they crossed the other side together.

"Why not? Are you going to France with the girls instead?" And I just wished that Gabriella never brought up this conversation at all. I was starting to feel embarrassed again, I couldn't wrap my head around the fact that I was probably not going to visit the beautiful countryside with him

"No" I answered, and my eyes started to get blurry.

"Adrianna, can you please stop talking like that? You're not explaining yourself properly and it's getting on my nerves" My sister snapped, and I could her my mother coming up the stairs seconds after Gabby had said those words to me.

I stared through the glass windows, and I could see my reflection. But the stares were just empty, at this point I was zoning out, I was long gone.

My mom asked what was wrong, but I couldn't get myself to say anything, I wasn't able to respond back. Gabby started complaining about my behaviour and how distant I've been during these past few weeks. It was hard to talk about though, I wish it was easy to open up about certain things.

"Have you not seen the way that she eats mom? Adrianna doesn't eat like that; she doesn't stuff her face with food. She's blunt and she doesn't talk much" Gabby explained to my mom, and they abruptly switched their conversation into Spanish and I stopped staring and came back into reality. I blinked a few times and turned my head back slightly.