Chapter 2

Flashback

Flashback

Luisa was sitting on the bleachers waiting for Laura to arrive. She had promised to help cheer Derek on as he played the basketball game.

Luisa could feel something was wrong with Derek so she made her way down to the boys' locker room. The coach was yelling for him to get moving as he was walking by her. She could hear the showers on and Derek was growling. She quickly fastens her pace as she made her way towards him in the showers.

"I thought...I thought I could control it" He said as she was close to him. the water soaking them both.

"All this risk for just a basketball game," She asked him softly trying to understand. She knew he had some trouble from what Laura had told her. She guided him out of the showers.

"It's the finals! They need me" He said desperately trying to contain the shift.

"Did you bring it?" she asked him. Referring to the talisman.

"Yes, but it's not working"

"Take it out," She said as they both sat down on the bench between the lockers. He did as he was told.

"Just focus on your breathing as you say the mantra. One day you will find something to anchor your emotions too. But for now, just do as I say. Okay?" She told him. He nodded his head, remembering the mantra his mother had taught him. Luisa had been there one time when he lost control and it didn't frighten her at all that had helped him a lot. She hadn't looked at him like a freak, like a monster.

"Alpha...Beta...Omega" He started

"Again"

"Alpha...Beta...Omega" He said as his breathing was getting lighter.

"That's it, focus on your breathing Derek," Luisa said in a calm tone.

"Alpha...Beta...Omega" He said as he gained control. She gave him a comforting hug as the two of them made their way out of the locker room.

"Come on kid, let's kick some ass on the field," She said and gave Derek a smile.

"End of Flashback.

"Wow," Deaton said as he looked at a younger version of Derek.

"Wow? Wow, as in you've seen this before and I know exactly what to do kind of wow? Cause that's the kind we were hoping for"Stiles rambled on.

"I think you might've overestimated my abilities," Deaton said remembering that Luisa had said something similar when she first showed up with Talia. It was a long time ago. After he had tried to find Cora that night and had lost her, he went back to find Luisa only to come up empty-handed.

"He's cold, really cold," Lydia said holding Derek's hand. Deaton took his hand to check his pulse.

"Do you think this is permanent" Scott asked.

"I'm not sure a medical diagnosis is even adequate. This is well beyond my experience."

"So, what do we do with him," Stiles asked looking at Derek.

"Until he wakes up? Probably not much, it might be best to leave him here with me, he'll be safe here"

"You mean from Kate," Stiles asked

"If she's alive and she is what you say she is, she won't be able to walk past that gate."

"Why would she want to do this to him?" Lydia asked.

"Knowing Kate, it's probably for a reason that won't be any good for anyone but her."

"And bad for everyone else". Stiles added.

"You guys should probably go home. He doesn't look to be in any danger... So, maybe the rest of you should get some sleep?" Deaton got some disapproving looks.

"It is a school night, and you all need to start taking care of your own lives again," Deaton said a bit forceful.

"Someone should stay with you," Scott said in concern.

"I'll stay, my grades are fine, despite missing a few classes," Lydia said as she felt Derek's hand hold on to hers.

"I'm so not okay with this" Stiles said to Lydia

"Guys, go," she said.

The two of them bickered for a bit while Scott dragged him out, telling them to inform him if anything happens. A few hours later and the sun had started to shine through the windows waking Lydia up from her sleep.

She saw Deaton checking on Derek, she asked him how he was noticing he was warmer than before. Lydia took Derek's hand as Deaton informed her that he wanted to try something while he picked up a scalpel.

Deaton cut a small cut along his arm, they both noticed how quickly it healed. Alan wanted to try something else, as he and Lydia went over to the counter where he kept his syringes Derek woke up disoriented and not in control. As Deaton went to check if he was alright he got scared and pushed him out of the way as he ran away.

Deaton and Lydia informed Scott and Stiles about what had happened when they arrived at the animal clinic. Right now they were trying to figure out where he might've gone.

"So, if you're a teenage Werewolf, and you're scared, where do you go?" Stiles asked trying to figure it out.

"A wolf goes back to its den... But Derek lives in a loft." Scott added.

"Not when he was a teenager."

"The Hale House?" Lydia asked

"He wouldn't remember the fire it wouldn't have happened yet," Deaton informed them all in a bit of a panic. He really wished Luisa was here, she would have helped calm Derek down. She had known him since he was a kid.

"Hold on... Say you do manage to catch up to him? What are you going to say to him? That his whole family is dead?" she asked Scott and Stiles.

"I guess I'm going to have to," Scott said unsurely

"Oh! Good luck with that." Lydia said sarcastically

"She's probably right. Maybe you shouldn't? You know, at least until we figure out how to get him back to normal." Stiles said.

"I can't lie to him," Scott told him.

"Okay! I'll do it" he said.

"I don't think any of us can. Remember, he can hear a heartbeat rising. When we find him, we tell him the truth." Scott

"If he gets to the house first, you won't have to," Deaton told the boys.