Two

Arlan's Point Of View

Aurora's blueberry sugar scent is driving me mad. My hands were twitchy to touch her soft thighs and kept adjusting anxiously on the wheel. I hope she didn't notice. I had to stay calm. She was a quiet thing, legs dangling at the seat and finger nails lightly taping along her black seatbelt. Probably never even been fucked, if I had to guess. Rain had started to lightly fall, tapping against the car rhythmically, creating a cozy ambiance for the drive home.

"This is a nice car," She said quietly, gazing up and around it after staring out the window for a while. "Looks expensive."

"It's a lamborghini, doll," I said, laughing under my nose at her innocence. She was quiet.

"I like it."

I couldn't help but smirk. She was adorable.

"How did you afford it? Or did your parents help you?"

"I got it all on my own, sweetheart." Just like I lived on my own and worked on my own. Fuck my parents, if I saw their graves again it would be too soon. Pisspoor alcoholics that left before I could ride a bike.

At first, I thought Aurora might just be another thing to mess around with, take the edge off of work by taking off her clothes. But now, now I had a newfound purpose with her. Maybe I could be her little savior. After hearing her words about being in fostercare, I knew her life was probably shitty. And now, I wouldn't have to worry about figuring out the cohorts to picking her up, or working around any sort of schedule. I could just come home to her, she could live with me... and wouldn't she like that?

I skillfully opened the glove compartment in front of her to retrieve my cigarette box, then opened the cup holder for my lighter. At a red light, I cupped the cigarette and flicked the lighter, it making a soft snip noise, before quickly inhaling greedily and exhaling an obscene amount of smoke.

A delicate little rabbit sneeze broke me out of my thoughts. My eyes traveled to see Aurora behind the smoke. Her little nose, slightly reddened at the top, was scrunched up and her eyes were watery.

"Bless you, sweetheart, I'm sorry. I'm so used to smoking in my car."

"It's ok, my foster house smells like that a lot."

Just as I suspected. The place was most likely shitty and horribly taken care of.

"Are there young kids in there?" My brow flicked up. I stepped on the gas when the light turned green. She adjusted against the window more comfortably.

"Yeah."

"Damn. I wouldn't smoke around them."

"They do a lot of bad things to...nevermind," She quickly shut herself off.

"What?" I said alarmingly, my brows drawing into a deep V shape. "Aurora."

"Do you need an address?" She changed the subject impeccably quick.

"What bad things do they do? Is it  not safe there?"

"I-I shouldn't have said anything..."

I quickly flicked up my turning signal and  pulled over into a near by church parking lot. The rain was starting to pour in heavy sheets now. Aurora frantically started looking to her left and right as we pulled in, unsure of why I was doing so.

"What are you--Arlan, where are we?"

Aggressively, I put the car in park, nearly slamming back the gear. I turn to look at her, and her wide blue eyes look terrified of my angry expression.