Forty Nine (18+)

(TW: Abusive nature, Sexual/ Mature scenes. 18+ Chapter. Do not read if under 18. Discretion Is Advised.)

Arlan's Point Of View

"Oh good, you stopped crying."

I cupped the soft exterior of Aurora's cheek as she lay sleeping in our bed and her face creased, her head rolling slightly. Her little brows drew together.

Hesitantly, those gray eyes peeled open, waking up slowly. She took in my appearance sitting next to her, then through the denseness of her wet lashes, her eyes glanced down to notice she had been sobbing in her sleep. Her plump lips pulled into a melancholy frown before she peered back to me.

I rose my cigarette to my lips, exuding equanimity as the cynosure of her pearly tears captured my focus. I was fully dressed in my silk black button down and slacks, long curls slouching at my shoulders. Aurora's eyes held a recognizable paralyzed fear, an air of uncomfortableness in her creased face. I exhaled slowly through my teeth, the white airy flames dancing into the air.

"Look at you, all battered and beaten up," I mumbled in a low scoff,  moving her chin to the left and right to see her neck bruised from all the choking. I released her face and watched her struggle to swallow. Her eyes peered up at mine, intimidation clear as crystals in them.

"Isn't that what you wanted?" She muttered.

"No," I scowled, face dropping to a grimace Aurora shivered a bit under my hard, unrelenting gaze. "I want you to swallow your pride and show some appreciation to me."

"You sure showed that you care about me," She murmured dryly under her breath.

I grabbed her chin tightly.

"I show you every day," I coldly hiss, infuriated.

"You don't care about me, you want complete domination over me," She boldly met my eyes and weakly said. Bored by her words, I stood and crossed over my vanity, her words behind me "There's a difference, don't get the two confused," Aurora leaned up, only to hear a metal clinking and crease her face even more in confusion. She twisted behind herself to find her left hand handcuffed to the bed. She yanked a little, then a little more, before she was vigorously pulling at her handcuff and whimpering.

"Uh, the whole point of a handcuff is it keeps you locked in place; All that tugging isn't going to make that magically stop," I called from in front of her, arranging my gold rings on my tattooed fingers with my cig between my teeth. I turned back towards Aurora, taking in her state of complete paralyzed fear and bewilderment.

"Arlan, my exam is today!" She cried, those crimson-red lined eyes filling with fresh tears once again. My little Dove tugged her arm repeatedly. "Where's Nate?"

"He left, I told him you were sick."

She gasped in disbelief.

"Arlan!"

"Tell you what, " I reasoned coolly, sauntering forward and approaching the bed as she kept vigorously tugging the chain. Once I sat myself on the royal blue blanket, she froze and immediately sunk away from me.

"I'll be happy to take you to your exam, Dove," Her face momentarily relaxed, "If you submit completely and admit you need me," I exhaled a small remainder of smoke in front of her face.

Aurora's gray orbs watered as she pursed her lips hard, cringing away from the nicotine.

"No."

"Fine, then I guess you'll be alone in here all day," I stood and went to cross for the door when her tiny, soft fingers caught my rough wrist.