Twelve

Aurora's Point Of View

My body's trembling doubled in intensity as I realized these men probably had weapons on them.

Arlan completely deceived me. He was a criminal.

Why didn't I listen to Kacelynn?

He kidnapped me!

I slowly uncurled myself and revealed myself, face beat red and flushed with tear marks. With all the strength I could bear, I lifted myself and faced my kidnapper.

"O-okay," I whisper. "S-sorry," I hiccup and can't help but start to cry quietly once I see both of them peering down at me and the reality of my situation sinks in. They're strong, burly men well over 6'2, black ink tattoos snaked around their skin. And here I am, trapped like a little rabbit with two coyotes.

Arlan sighed slowly, looking down and rubbing his bottom lip with his ring-covered thumb. He looked back up and came forward.

"Look, I know it may be hard to adjust to. But it's for the best. Can't you see how much I care about you?"

I work hard to refrain from screaming or giving him a look like he's crazy or running away.  I try to keep my features even keeled as my chest is yo-yoing up and down.

"I see it," I whisper just under a breath.

He breaks into a relieved smile, laughing softly.

"Actually, I don't see it!" I screech, "You're crazy! I hate you, let me go!" I sprint to the door and anxiously reach for the doorknob, only to be swiftly lifted by his friend and raised in the air, making me scream and thrash, kicking with all my force.

"Stop!" I screech defeaningly. "You've gotta help me, he's crazy!" I plead to his friend, gripping his shirt tightly, kicking at him. I use all my energy to point my feet towards the ground, trying to get down but to no avail. These are mafia men, they had no mercy. I was fucked.

I gasp as I feel myself thrown back onto a chair, my hands try to claw at the man but I whimper and stop when I feel my back bending in a way it's not supposed to. My wrists are thrown up painfully and Ii groan, and just as quickly they are pinned against my head on the wall, my hair falling into my tear-soaked face. I pant for air with his friend hovering over me.

"Arlan, I'm scared," I whimper, my head falling down as I sobbed.

"Aurora, Nate is only being aggressive because you can't leave. Once you accept you can't leave and relax, he'll leave you alone."

"O-okay, I-I'm n-not l-leaving," I struggle to stammer out, my heart clenching with sadness as I say the sentence out loud. My whole body is vibrating with fear.

Nate's hands leave mine and my arms fall, my wrists sore, and I quickly get up and scream. Only to be thrown back down with a cloth shoved into my mouth and tied around the back of my head. I'm feeling dizzy from the back and forth fighting. I gasp at the cold feeling metal on my wrist and hear a cranking noise. Handcuffs. I look down. My left wrist was handcuffed to the chair, and I'm gagged. I look up with glossy eyes and a dizzy head to see Nate glaring at me with hard, emotionless brown eyes, before looking away out of uneasiness and sobbing at the wall.

"I thought you'd be a little more...grateful, little one." Arlan said stiffly. "I'm not generous to many people, Aurora. I'm quite the opposite: cold, impulsive, unforgiving," He lists, pacing. "But for you, I want to be different. However," he cleared his throat, stopping and rubbing his tattooed, ring-covered hands together. "If you need to be disciplined into accepting your new life, by no means, do I have a problem doing that. I don't tolerate disrespect."