Chapter 16

I sat at the table drinking some water, waiting for Vladimir to pull up

I sat at the table drinking some water, waiting for Vladimir to pull up. When all the cars do, I quickly hide in a corner.

A couple minutes pass before Zach is dragged into the room. Everyone else following after him, all tied up in ropes. I feel bad, but realize why I'm doing this.

"My men have them handled right now, I'll be right back and then we'll start." Vladimir says, taking me out of thought. I quickly nod and sit on the cold hard floor, preparing myself.

When Vladimir comes back, he looks different, his hair is a little messier and he seems nervous. He sees me and his eyes show confusion, before it's quickly covered with a smirk.

I stand up, shaking off the weird act, following him into the room.

It was dimly lit with a light hanging in the middle. My heels clicked on the concrete floors as I walked in.

I looked around and saw Ella, Jonah, Corbyn, Daniel, Jack, and Elizabeth tied up with gags in their mouth. My eyes stopped in the center of the room though. There was Zach, badly beaten and bruised. He was tied to a chair and had a gag in his mouth as well. I look back over to Ella's eyes who had pure hatred in them. My eyes met Elizabeth's, before turning back to Vladimir.

"She gets closure. Knowing she killed you." Vladimir says, his voice a little different. I slowly nod at the weird difference and turn to face Zach.

I take the gag out of his mouth, placing it on the floor.

"You can't fight Vladimir yourself." Zach spits out some blood from his mouth.

"So many things you don't know Herron. Shay and I already made a deal. If I let her kill you, I get both mafias and she can work as an assassin." Vladimir chuckles, not the same as his chuckle really sounds like though.

"Shay what the fuck. Why would you do such a thing. All so that I'm gone?" Zach screams. I look around the room, not even answering him. My eyes meet Jack who looks at me confused and angry. I look at Ella who's at the verge of tears, she looks at Jonah who is shaking his head with anger, looking at me. Corbyn grunts and Daniel just stares at me in confusion.

"It's what's needed." I finally speak up.

"What's needed?! What's needed is safety for your people and mine. Being under Vladimir's control will be nothing but Hell. Stop being such a selfish bitch right now. Think about the people and not just yourself." Zach says.

My face stays straight as I look back to Zach. "Let's get this over with now, shall we?" Vladimir m smiles and  hands me a handgun. I take it and look down.

Taking a deep breath, I look at Elizabeth and then to Ella. Ella is desperately trying to get out of the ropes and is crying now. Her screams are faint because of the gag and I almost tear up watching her like that. Deciding I can't watch her anymore, I turn my eyes to Zach, who now stares at me with no emotion in his eyes. I lift up my gun and aim it between his eyes.

"You've wanted this for six years Shay. He's the reason you could never smile. You could never feel finished at the end of the day because he was never gone. The scars you have from the fights. The pain his family caused your family in the past. Ending him right here is what you have always wanted." Vladimir whispers in my ear.

"You're right." I nod. "I have always wanted this." Zach's eyes soften and I clear my throat, turning to Vladimir. But people change their minds." I say. Before he could respond I shoot Vladimir right in between his eyes. As his dead body falls to the floor, I let out a big sigh.

I turn to shoot the other guards in the room. As they fall to the floor I look at Zach. He looks freaked out and I run to him untying him. "I'm so sorry." I hug him as I get the last rope undone. After hugging for a couple minutes,  I pull away and look in his eyes, we both smile, unsure of what to say or do.

Someone clears there throat warning Zach and I's attention.

"Oh shit my bad." I get up and walk around untying everyone. After I free Ella, I receive a slap from her.

"Bitch what the hell." She hugs me.

"I know you all are so confused." They all nod. "But this was all planned out by Elizabeth. I turn to her and she smiles.

"We knew the only way to actually kill Vladimir was by getting him off guard. He wasn't going to be at battles, knowing what we want. I decided to make a plan believable enough that even Vladimir would fall for it. I couldn't tell any of you guys to make it more believable. And now we're here." Elizabeth explains to everyone. "Shay you did a great job." She adds, making me smile.

"Wow you crazy bitch." Corbyn laughs.

"What next?" Zach asks.

"Ice cream gosh I'm so hungry." Jack complains. I smile a little.

"Ice cream it is." I announce. Everyone cheers.