6: In His Home... Again

[Miura Sachi]

I looked at Tetsurou who was seated in front of me, happily eating his grilled mackerel, rice and vegetable side dish.

"Who the hell even orders fish at our age? You should be eating more meat and protein since you're an athlete, you know," I said as I cut my wagyu steak with a knife.

We are now eating in a restaurant in Tokyo that Tetsurou suggested. It took us around 20 minutes to decide where to have our lunch since we argued most of the time. I suggested we should just eat in a fast food restaurant so we won't lose much time, while Tetsurou suggested we should enjoy our lunch in an authentic Japanese restaurant. We decided to settle our argument with a game of rock-paper-scissors. In the end, Tetsurou won by cheating.

And now here we are in a popular Japanese restaurant surrounded by either married couples, office workers, or families. This is starting to look like an actual date...

"I always eat meat in our house. That's all my mom ever cooks. I only get to eat seafood and fish when I'm outside," Tetsurou explained as I put a slice of my wagyu into my mouth.

"Why doesn't she cook fish for you?" I questioned as I drank from my glass of water. Tetsurou didn't look at me, instead he just sliced his fish.

"She's allergic to fish and seafood. Such a bummer. I also need my dose of docosahexaenoic acid, you know," he said as I made a confused face.

"You need your dose of what?" I leaned in closer to properly hear the difficult term he just said.

Sometimes, the geek side of this athletic boy just comes and goes. It's kind of funny how a man this sexy can lecture you about science. It's just so unexpected from him.

"Docosahexaenoic acid. It's an omega-3 acid that helps the brain function normally... and you clearly lack it. You need more docosahexaenoic acid," Tetsurou laughed as I gave him a death glare. He cut a small piece of his fish and put it on his spoon.

I smiled in a fake way. "No thanks, my juicy beef wagyu is already enough for me-"

My eyes widened when Tetsurou suddenly shoved his spoon into my mouth while I was still speaking.

He just fed me! He fed me with his own spoon! His spoon he used to eat with!

We basically just had an indirect kiss!

I could feel my face heat up from what he just did as I chewed the sliced fish in my mouth. Tetsurou just looked at me, waiting for my response.

"Well, it's delicious, isn't it? Just admit it already. Your face and ears are all red again," he said in a cocky tone as I looked away. Damn you, face and ears! You always give me away!

"It is yummy. I still prefer my steak though," I said in a normal voice, trying to suppress my thoughts that we just had an indirect kiss. I grabbed my glass as I looked at Tetsurou.

Ugh. This idiot doesn't seem to know that feeding a girl with his used spoon is something couples do! Doesn't he know the concept of indirect kiss?!

"This is why you learn slow. You lack docosahexaenoic acid," Tetsurou said as he finished his meal.

My brows furrowed in his insult. "Could you please just stop saying that already? You sound just like an old man," I spat as I hurriedly finished my steak too.

He just laughed at my response as he gestured for the bill.

"How much is my part of the bill?" I asked as I grabbed my wallet from my bag.