Chapter Fourteen

Michael

I couldn't believe that I bumped into Winter the way that I did. Just looking at her, I seen her father so much that it hurt me just from hearing that he died. Forgive me but some vampires that I knew didn't have such feelings for any human but I had those feelings. See when you are born a vampire, your called a pure blood but because I went from a human to a vampire king, I had still have human feelings and my feelings for the hatres.

"Michael, um.. how long did you know my father?" She asked. "Well as you probably already read, I met your father a long time ago but we lost touch for a minute and I had vowed that I would see him again just to thank him." I said.

"Aww. Michael." She said as she scooted closer to me and wrapped her arms around my neck and hugged me. I wrapped my arms around her embrace, feeling the warmth of her skin and her breath hitting my neck. The smell of her blood was pure and innocent, I couldn't imagine killing her.

"Winter, I want to ask you something?" I said. "Yes Michael." She said looking up at me. "What happened to you?" I asked. "Huh?" She said confused.

"Winter, when I found you, you were bleeding really bad and I brought you here because at first, I didn't know who you was but I healed your wounds and then everything came back to me." I said.

"Um.. it was my boyfriend Eric. He got all abusive at my house and in Moscow, when we went down into the tomb, I didn't want to do it at first. But my father and his secrets led me to where I am now. I just didn't realize how bad this was going to turn out. How did you feed since you been out?" She asked.

"When I first fed, I was in some weird building and the last two were on the street. I was actually wondering was one of those guys your boyfriend. The last thing I seen was some old looking creepy guy and some dude." I said.

"The creepy guy was the one who led us down there. But the other guy is Eric. He's never been like this and here recently he's been treating me like shit while my dog Genesis.. Oh my gosh Genesis!" She screamed.

She got up and started to panic. I got up and calmed her down. "Wait winter. Calm down first please." I said. She was in tears, I guess that puppy was her world.

"My daddy gave me him and he's home. The last thing I remember before being in the God forsaken basement, I was with him. " she said.

"Winter, will your dog come to me of I go out and get him?" I asked.

"Can I please go with you? I just want to pack a few things and some of my father's things and then I will come back with you. I dont think I should be alone right now." She said.

"Winter, your right, you shouldn't be alone and I would like for you to stay with me." He said.

"I will, I will. How will we get there?" She said.

"Come on I'll show you." I said.

I took her outside of the house and locked up. I wrapped her arms around my neck and I stared at her.

"Let me show you how I travel. Just don't scream. Relax. Okay Winter." I said.

"Okay Michael. " she said.

Winter

It was so light. We we gliding in the air so swiftly and smoothly. I had my eyes closed once I glanced at the tall buildings and the lights shinning under us, I clutched harder on to him and heard him chuckle a little bit. His touch was soothing and he held me closer than any other person that I known besides my father.

We landed back at my house and the view was nerve racking. My house was destroyed, from the inside to the outside. We walked in awe as everything I owned including dishes, my chairs and other items were completely broken. I ran upstairs to my bedroom and with Michael following behind me, we walked into the room.