Prologue

Michael and I have been close friends for two years now. I actually met him through my ex boyfriend, Jason. Him and Michael met through an acquaintance of Michael's on his BAD Tour in Los Angeles where he launched his solo career in the summer of 1988. I met Michael later that year and the three of us became pretty close friends.

I've always been a fan of Michael Jackson, and I've always thought him to be one of the greatest entertainers in the world. He's innovative, captivating, and most of all, very attractive to the eye. But it's never once crossed my mind that I would ever become friends with Michael, let alone more than friends.

It all started within my second year of dating Jason that I became aware of his indiscretions with another woman, and I was at my most vulnerable state. I've never felt such pain, I thought Jason loved me. I mean, I knew he had a wandering eye, but I never thought he would have acted on it. Oh, who am I kidding? It was bound to happen, I just didn't want to see it that way. I put a blind eye to it, and I'd think, "Oh it's just a glance, no biggie." But how stupid could I be for thinking that way? Although, when I had my notions about Jason, I'd always talk to Michael about it, and he would listen and always tell me it was all in my head, that Jason really loved me.

Michael can be extremely empathetic towards another person's pain, and he's never let me down as a friend in the past.

Such a sweet man, he really is.