Chapter 3

He couldn't have gotten far. I mean, oh my goodness... Michael likes to snoop around your house whether he's been there or not. He's not trying to steal anything, he just likes to see how people live, it tells him a story, and it's fascinating to him. So that means, Michael is snooping around my house.

"Michael? Michael!" I call his name, looking for him. He's not down here.. Oh no. Oh no, oh no! Crap! My laptop! I forgot to log out of the site! Oh my god, Michael please don't be in my room.

I walked up the stairs, nearing my bedroom door, praying I wouldn't find him in my room. I go to the threshold of the door and peek around to see, and sure enough, Michael was sitting on my bed. With my laptop.

Okay this looks bad. Then again it could be nothing and I really did log out. He's just sitting there. Oh no. I didn't log out! I creep up and look over his shoulder and caught a glance of the name of the site I was reading the story from.

Is he really reading it? Ugh, what he must think of me! Crap... I so want to die right now. I am horrifically embarrassed. To make matters worse, I tried to sneak away, and the floor creaked and startled Michael. Fuck!

I have this, "busted" look on my face and he's looking at me as if he's shocked.

"Melody?" He calls my name as he turns the screen for me to see. What do I say? What do I do? I'm stuck. There's nothing I could have said to explain, but I still try, sounding like a complete fool. Oh joy, this should be fun.

"Michael.. I.. Well.." See? I said try. As I'm stumbling through my words, I watch Michael put the laptop on my nightstand, and stand up, walking towards me, then past me, towards the door. I'm practically in tears at this point as I watch him walk past me. He puts his hand on the door, looks at me, and shuts it. Wait.. Huh?