Prologue

It was your average summer day and Jessica was dreading getting out of bed. She knew she had no choice, if Jessica did not have the breakfast prepared when her mother woke up, she would pay for it dearly. So, Jessica got out of bed and quickly took a shower brushed her teeth and pulled her long jet-black hair up into a high bun. She selected a pair of high waisted white shorts, pink crop top and her comfy but worn in white converses and ran downstairs.

Jessica started to prepare breakfast she pulled out the eggs and bacon and began to fry them in the pan. She got out the juicer, cut and peeled oranges because her family could only drink fresh orange juice according to her mother. Jessica set the table, she placed the eggs and bacon on serving trays, laid out the silverware and waited for her mother's inspection.

Stacey pranced into the kitchen wearing her white silk robe with her jet-black hair falling ever so gracefully over her face. If Jessica said her mother was ugly it would be a big lie. Stacey had bright green eyes and a killer body. That is what attracted Jessica's father to her to begin with. Jessica missed her father so much hoping and praying that she would be able to take back that fateful night he left her all on her own.

"Jessica, what is this?" Stacey asked.

"It's bacon, eggs and fresh squeezed orange juice your highness." Jessica replied.

"Bacon and eggs for a queen! I think not, make fresh scones at once!" Stacey exclaimed as she smacked the bacon and egg trays off the table.

"Of course, your highness!" Jessica replied and quickly got to work.

Yes, Stacey is the queen of Pracicica Kingdom. Despite her having servants she insisted that her daughter Jessica prepare all the family meals. According to Stacey, Jessica would never marry royalty like her she was destined to marry a lowly peasant like her father Jake Peters.

Jake Peters was the owner of the Pracicica Kingdoms bakery shop and he taught Stacey everything she knew at a young age. The Peters seemed to be a happy family, but Stacey wanted and demanded more from Jake. Stacey did not like that Jake was a lowly bakery shop owner when he promised her that one day, he would be head of the castle's security team and right hand to John Pracicica.

Unfortunately, that never happened. Jake was murdered when Jessica was 10 years old. It devastated Jessica to say the least. See her father was in the bakery one early morning preparing for the morning rush of customers. When someone came in the shop and stabbed him dead. The shop did not have any cameras because the only crimes in Pracicica Kingdom were petty crimes. The people of Pracicica did not lock their doors at night nor did they have to watch over their children as they played because it was a beautiful place to live.

That day still haunts Jessica because if only her mother allowed her to go with her father that morning her father would still be here with her. Jessica could not dawn on the past for too long because if she did not have those scones ready when her mother and King Peter and her two siblings came down, she would pay for it. Jessica got to work she pulled out the flour, sugar, salt, butter, heavy cream, eggs, vanilla and blueberries. She mixed the ingredients together set the oven to 400 and had the hot scones and butter on the table before her family returned.

Stacey looked on approvingly ad gave Jessica the pd that she was able to go. Jessica left the kitchen went up to her room grabbed her backpack and headed off for Pracicica High. It was now 7:30am and her first class was at 8:00am. On her way to Pracicica High she passed her father's bake shop, but it did not belong to him anymore it was now her Uncle Rubin who ran it. She stopped in and sat at the counter her uncle placed a bagel with veggie cream cheese down in front of her and she quickly gobbled it up.

Uncle Rubin never liked her mother Stacey, and it is understandable when Jake hurt is self and was kicked off the castle security team Stacey never treated Jake the same.

"How's the old with treating you Jess?" Uncle Rubin asked.

"Same as usual Uncle Rubin. If I do what she asks I will be ok. I will be eighteen in three months and I can finally leave her castle and come live with you in dads house." Jessica replied.

"Three months is too far away I don't trust that woman at all. She is pure evil, and I want you far away from her as possible." Uncle Rubin replied.

"I know, as long as I do what she says and stay out of her way I will be free and clear in three days!" Jessica replied.

Uncle Rubin looked at me with worried eyes but smiled when I gave him a puzzled look. "Better be off I do not want to be late for first period class. Mrs. Waters can be very brutal if you come in late and I don't need any more people disgusted by my presence." Jessica said.

Jessica gave her Uncle Rubin a peck on the cheek and took off out the door. She arrived at Mrs. Waters class right beside the bell rung and took her seat in the back of the class. She pulled out her Calculus book and notebook and quickly began to take notes. The day flew bye uneventfully and before Jessica knew it, she was back in the castle preparing to make dinner for the family.

Jessica decides to prepare a seafood boil after her mishap this morning with the bacon and eggs. If one thing she knew her mother loved, it was shellfish. Jessica prepared king crab legs, jumbo shrimp, New Zealand green muscles, corn and red potatoes with a side Caesar salad. She awaited her mother's approval and retreated to her room to count the days until she is be free of this dreadful place. Jessica dreamed of better days and drifted off into a deep sleep only to be awoken by loud banging at her bedroom door.