Chapter 1

Jessica jumped up as her door was busted open by her mother. She was on a war path and she had an idea why. "Yes mother?" Jessica asked inquisitively. "Do not mother me!" Stacey yelled. "You went to go see that fat nasty uncle of yours this morning, didn't you?" Stacey yelled even louder. Jessica knew she was caught she must have had castle security follow her today of all days. "Yes." Jessica replied with her head down. "I warned you what would happen if I found out you were talking to him!" Stacey yelled.

I do not know why I did this to my self-Jessica thought. I had been so good in making sure no one knew I was still talking to my Uncle Rubin after he accused my mother of having my father killed. I knew Stacey would not be happy with me, but I continued to disobey her orders anyway and I continued to talk to my uncle knowing she would make me pay for it royally. I stood up and braced myself for the lashings she would give me. I knew they would be painful this time because she said she would make sure I would not be able to walk for a week. Surprisingly, she did not give me any lashings instead she slammed my door and marched off. This only made me wonder more as to what was to come. She was very calculating, and I did not want to be on the other end of whatever she was planning.

I tried to drift back off to sleep but I could not my brain would not allow me to sleep thinking of all the things she could possibly do to me made me nervous. I prayed that somehow, I could receive a sign that would get me far away from her and guarantee my safety and my uncles' safety. I had one of the weirdest dreams ever that night I dreamt I was falling out my window and my mother was standing over me with a big smile on her face. I woke up suddenly in a cold sweat and glanced at my alarm clock. I was 5:30 am and there was no way I was going back to sleep. I got up and began my morning routine.

I went down to the kitchen dressed in a flowing hot pink sundress with a strapless back and white flat sandals that tied up my leg. My hair in a crown braid with fly ways falling around my face gracefully. To my surprise breakfast was already made and it was very surprising to me. My mother, stepfather, my stepbrother Peter Jr. and my little sister Priscilla where already at the table. Stacey looked at me and told me to sit and enjoy breakfast with them that morning. My plate had already been made and a glass of fresh orange juice sat waiting for me. It was steak, eggs, home fries and buttermilk biscuits. I sat down as she obliged and began to eat my food. There really was not much talk at the table. King Peter went over all the things he had to do, and my mother listened intently while watching me eat. Everything felt so strange, but I did not say anything I ate all my food and was about to clear my plate when my mother told me to Finish all my orange juice. I obliged cleaned my plate and cup up and ran up to my room to get my bag and head off to school. On the walk to school, I started to feel funny. I do not know if it was the heat or if I had eaten to fast in a hurry to get away from my mother, but I was not feeling good at all. If I where my siblings Peter Jr. and Pricilla I would be riding in one of the castle cars on my way to school, but I was not. So, I had to walk and pray I made it to school.

This day was one of the days that I wished I were still friends with Hanna but when we moved into the castle my mother forbid me to talk to her or anyone else considered low class, so I was all alone and in pain. I had barely made it to Pracicica High steps before I passed out. I could hear people around me screaming and I could hear Nurse Jenkins saying my pulse was low I needed to be rushed to Pracicica University Hospital immediately but that was the last thing I heard. I felt weird like I was floating away from my body. Then everything went blank.