This is harder than I thought

I had a big idea. A MASSIVE idea.

"John. Let's move to your home in America." I said as I swung my head round the kitchen door where he was preparing dinner.

"Yeah why not." He smiled as he turned round to face me. "Yeah that'd be fun!"

Now I know what you're thinking. Fiona, that was a bit random. And yes it was. But I needed to get as far away from Nick as possible. Running from problems isn't the best solution but I really didn't want to face Nick.

"When do you wanna go then Fi?" He asked me.
"As soon as possible! Why not!" I replied excitedly.
"You feeling okay? You're very keen!"
"I'm amazing Johnny. I'm so happy!" I exclaimed as I wrapped my arms around him.
"I'm happy too. We're happy." He replied.

I was so comfortable at where I was with John but I couldn't stop thinking about Nick. He was constantly on my mind 24/7.

The next day, I awoke at 8:30am ready to catch a flight with John to L.A. John and The Powerstation were recording there so that worked out really well. I got to see my husband whilst he was working!

I didn't inform Nick that I was moving to L.A. John asked me to contact him so I just pretended I did.

I finally arrived at John's home in L.A (now our home) and had a nice look around. I went to go drop my things in the master bedroom and when I did, I had a terrible shock. Nick.

"Nick? What you doing here?" I asked.
"Came to see you! Haven't seen you in months!" He replied.
Oh no. John must have told him.
"Oh how great." I said looking at the floor trying to seem happy to see him.
"Oh. What's wrong?" Nick asked.
He could tell I wasn't happy.
"Nothing. Let's go get some champagne and relax in the garden!" I suggested.

Fuck. What was I going to do!

"Ah Fi! I see you've realised Nick is here!" John merrily shouted as he walked over with his champagne. "Why didn't you tell him?" He said pulling to the side.
"Must have completely slipped my mind!" I lied.
"Oh you silly goose!" He kissed me on the head.
"Right I'm off to the studio for a bit. See you later darling!" He announced.
Oh lord. I can't stay here with Nick alone.
"Can't I come with you?" I asked.
"Oh maybe another day Fi. Nick's here right now so you should keep him company and then when he goes back to France, you can come to the studio with me!" He explained.
"Ok. See you later Johnny!" I said as my voice faded.

John left. It was just me and Nick now. Oh God.