Bye Bye.

Just me and Nick alone in the house. Great. Brilliant. Fucking amazing if you ask me.

"So Nick, how's Arcadia going?" I asked trying not to be awkward.
"Yeah. Fine. Why haven't you called me?" He asked looking really sad.
I decided to just tell him.
"You told me you love me. I can't deal with it Nick. I love John and if he was ever to find out how you feel about me, then that would screw everything up. Nick I love you but not like that." I explained.
I could see how hurt he was. But I had to tell him straight.
"Nick, we need to distance ourselves." I carried on. "For all our sake. Go as far away from me as possible and when you've lost feelings, then maybe we can re-build our friendship."
Talking like this to Nick was breaking me inside but it had to be done.

"Fiona. I can't. John would suspect something is up." He told me.
"Well we'll just have to pretend to have a massive fallout." I suggested.
"Fiona you're acting childish." Nick confessed.
"No. I can't do this Nick. If you love me, you'll let me go." I said.
"Fine. We'll have a massive fallout in front of him. I'm only doing this because I..."
"Yes I know Nick. Thank you." I chipped in. I couldn't hear him say it again. No way.

"I'm home Fiona! Nick!" John yelled as he shut the front door.
Me and Nick were stood far apart looking angry as anything.
"How was your...Oh. Why do you both look like a smacked arse?" He asked.
"We aren't speaking." I said.
"Why not?" He asked looking overly confused.
"Nick has decided he doesn't want to see me again and he won't tell me why." I confessed trying to keep the act up.
"Well if you excuse me. I have a flight to catch. See you Johnny." He said as he left the room.
"Nick..." He called. Slam.

As I watched Nick get into the taxi, I felt terribly awful but this was the way it had to be.
"What a shame. Thought nothing would tear you two apart." John said as he walked over to watch too.
"I don't know what I did." I said crying into his arms.
"Me neither Fi. You'll be okay."

How many times did I need to lie to John? I felt terrible. But if I told him that Nick loves me then it'll ruin everything.

Weeks went by. I visited the studio often. Robert Palmer and the rest of them were lovely. They were making a great album! They were all getting high except John. I made sure he didn't get back into that habit. At least I hoped he wasn't secretly getting high again behind my back.

They finally finished the album and released their single of 'Some Like it Hot'. It did really well and so did the video. I was so proud of Johnny but I definitely knew he was secretly missing Duran.