Chapter 1: Gesture Arms

"What are you reading Clara?" Gesture Arms askes.
"Nonya," I snap.
"It looks like the first Harry Potter book to me."
I look up at him, "Congrats, you can read. Why do you care? Clearly, I am busy."
"I care 'cause I'm reading the first book too," at this point I have stopped paying attention so when he continues to ask questions I am thrown off guard, "Who's your favorite character?"
"What?"
"Who is your favorite character?" He repeats again. He is looking at me with big eyes and I shake my head.

"I like Hermione. And Ginny"
"Why them? Hermione doesn't like Harry or Ron and Ginny is only at the train station"
"Well after an unfortunate incident they all become friends and the boys realize that she isn't a mean know-it-all. And unlike you, I have read all of the books several times. Ginny becomes much more important."
"What happens?"
"You will have to read to find out Uncultured Swine."
"You are so annoying, Clara."
"Right back at you Keith," and I go back to reading. When I was assigned to this table it didn't take long for me to actually learn his name. I have to say it quite often. Or yell it. Take that as you will.

"You are also an egghead. Who actually reads when they finish their work?"

"I do," I roll my eyes at him, "If you haven't noticed I am pretty into reading. Besides, didn't you just say that you are reading Harry Potter too?"

"I didn't mean I am right this second. I am reading it at home, nobody has time to read during the school day, that is no one who has a life."

"Thank you, Keith, you are so helpful."

"You are very welcome Egghead. I pride myself on being in your service."

"Shut up and let me read." He glares at me and gets up from the table. He walks over to a group of girls and they all start hanging off of him as if they were dogs and he was a steak. They all want a piece of him. I roll my eyes and go back to reading.

This boy was always doing stuff like that. I guess that's what happens when you were blessed with looks like he was. I would be a fool to say that I didn't think he was hot, and I am no fool. I do, however, have enough self respect to not fall for those good looks. He is an idiot when you strip away his appearance. An idiotic pain in my side that I wish would leave me alone.