Chapter 1: Wolves in sheep's clothing

A/N:

BEFORE YOU GO ON TO READ

Here's a picture of Coco to get you a feeling of how she looks like :) Just imagine it in UnO artform

Credit: Nayuhi_14 twitter

Hope you like this.

___________________________________________________________________

If someone were to be the judge of how to look on the first day of school, I'd probably fail that class. And for good reason. I'd forgotten to wear that bleak aqua jacket that they had handed me as my uniform, so I stick out like a sore thumb. Check. I'm wearing that red tie I wore for my last school instead of that colorless bow that was supposed to go with my uniform. Check. No wonder that girl in the dorms gave me a wicked smile on my way here.

And it's why I'm getting looks now.

"Hey, you're not wearing the right tie." An ignorant student pointed out laughing as they shoved me. This was annoying but I guess I'm to blame for rushing so much this morning. Give me my own dorm and shit starts to go wrong. My mom would've definitely scolded me if she saw I had made such a fool of myself. "Keep your head down cookie." she always said with that sweet but scolding tone. Hate to say it but she wasn't wrong.

The student raised an eyebrow "Oh I don't think I've seen you around. You're new aren't you?" Oh for god's sake I should've known better. New start? Yeah, that's a load of bull. At a new school. New rules but same social order. The bastard student had a toothy grin on his face that made me want to throw myself out the window. Man if only we weren't on the ground level

"New? Yeah I mean  I guess." I replied. Shifting to remove my backpack straps. The backpack had broken my fall but still broken my back since I think I can feel the mechanical pencil I had stuffed so carelessly earlier just stabbing at my back. My expression leveled his glare when I rose to my feet. I kicked my backpack away with almost zero effort. "So you wanna keep that drooly eyed stare at me or are you gonna punch me?" I sneered with an eyebrow raised. Man, I'm gonna eat those words soon. Not going to lie, the face he made at the comment. Well boy if I thought he looked angry then he looks furious now. My eyes are darting all over the place. I need some sort of miracle to save me. I'm not even sure what kind of power this blonde bastard has yet. Hopefully, it's not some speed ability. Hate those.

"Shut the hell up!" he roared, raising his fist.

Finally, the student activated his ability, his eyes glowing bright blue and his palms glowing red. He tries to punch but misses miserably when I brush his arm away swiftly and I quickly activate my ability, eyes glinting a bright blue aura as well and just like that. His ability he holds on so dearly is gone. His eyes widened in terror. He knows he hadn't deactivated it. But he pieces it together as he gazes at me. It's always the same with most people. Once their precious ability is gone they all hold that same horrified look. The terrifying thought of being crippled grasps anyone. Whether weak or powerful we're all the same. We're all afraid to fall.