Chapter 2

"Missy, what should I wear for tonight?" I asked my favorite house elf, displaying my two options, mom jeans and a tucked in button down, or a yellow sundress that went well against my fiery red hair.
    She brought her small hand to her face, thinking as she helped me clean up my room for the guests. "The sundress, it looks good against your hair."
    I pulled it on, and added a simple gold necklace with the potter coat of arms on it, and pearl earrings. "Thanks Missy!"
     I ran downstairs and found Uncle Sirius, Uncle Remus, and my dad sitting on the pure white couches, laughing about some stupid joke no doubt.
    My dad almost spit out his drink when he saw me. "Rose..."
    I cut him off almost immediately. "Mum already approved the dress, and it's not even that low cut dad."
Uncle sirius gave my dad a playful hit on the arm, "Leave the poor girl alone James. If I seem to remember correctly, 3rd year was when you started really going for Lily."
I laughed and ran to my mum and dad's room, where my mum was getting ready in her closet, in front of the mirror.
"Mum, can you help me with my hair? I need to put it up, but it's too thick for me to do it myself." I said, running my hand through my thick red curls.
"Of course honey. Let me just find a clip, and I'll put it half-up." She said, smiling her signature warm smile.
I sat down in her seat, and watched the mirror as she gathered my mangly hair and put it half up, mostly in a bun of sorts.
When she was finally finished, I took another mirror and held it to the back of my head so I could see what my hair looked like now.
She had put a beautiful clip with tons of pearls on my hair, and it made my whole outfit look 10 times better. I gave her a huge hug, as was the only hug to exist in my house, and thanked her.
"Go on honey, get ready to see your friends. Is your room clean?" She said once we released from the hug.
I rolled my eyes. "Yep, Missy helped me out."
She gave me a scolding look. "You do know she's not your own personal maid, right?"
"She wanted to!" I whined, knowing that my mum never approved of the house elves doing our work for us.
She chuckled and let it go, "fine, but next time you have to do it yourself."
"Fine. I'll see you when they get here?" I left her bathroom and walked all the way back to my room, which was in the western tower as we called it, just above the level that made up my bathroom and closet, and below the loft, which was my favorite spot in the entire house.
For most this would be a grueling walk, but since I had been doing it since I was old enough to know and understand that I had the first pick of rooms in the entire manor, after my parents of course. Regardless of the distance from the rest of my house, it was the perfect place for me. My Room had three total levels, the first consisting of my marbled bathroom, shower, and tub. The first level also had my walk-in closet in it as well, mainly filled with jeans and tank tops, and a few dresses from the occasional party my mum often threw.
I had a whole section of my closet devoted to old band t-shirts from the 70s, most of them cropped, and in varying colors. I even managed to tie-dye a few of them, mostly the black ones with bleach. I only really got to wear my cropped shirts at home, since they were against dress code at Hogwarts, and I only wore them to run or to quidditch practice. Next, just up the stairs from the landing that held the door to the bathroom, was my main level of my room.
It was pretty old-fashioned, but it was my second favorite part of the house. The large white oak door that opened to my room always screeched when I opened it, even though my dad has put layer over layer of oil on it, once in at least a year. Then there was my large canopy bed, complete with the pictures taped on top of it, hanging from the ceiling. I had a small 'tea table' as my mum called it, and two tiny seats, from way before my dad even lived in the house.
My main level was filled with windows, each of them having their own set of white curtains with a pink flowery design on them, making my room that much brighter. There were lights coming off the walls in between each of the long, thin windows, and each window opened up facing out.
The next and last floor of my room was small, circular like the rest of my suite, but only half of it had solid walls. The other half was a nanawall that opened up westward, so that I could watch the sunset from the couch. The other half was filled with a vinyl wall, every single vinyl I owned on it, including old ones my mum and dad passed down to me from when they were little, and some that I bought myself these past few years. It was by far my favorite part of the entire manor, especially since my parents rarely went up there, they just let me do whatever I wanted with the space.
"Miss Rose, The Weasley family is arriving in the main room." missy said, appearing beside me on the top of my tower as my family liked to call it.
I smiled and took her hand. "Can you take me? I'm too lazy to walk all the way down there."
She nodded and I shut my eyes quickly, waiting for the gut-wrenching experience that was apparating, though it passed quickly, barely making me sick at all like it usually did.
I was in the main living room, where our large marble-and-stone fireplace stood, waiting for my friends to arrive when suddenly a small girl appeared in front of me, barely older than 10. Her face was covered in soot and ash, but I could see that she had a sweet disposition underneath it, yet I knew from stories from the twins that she could really hurt someone if you made her mad enough.
I took a towel and helped her clear off her face as Ron, who I had never met before but knew him from his tiny figure, followed by who must be Mr.Weasley came from the fireplace.
Next was the twins, who of course went together, hand in hand, both somehow managed to keep themselves clean when the entered the house. I didn't see Mrs. Weasley come in, because soon I was in a huge hug with Fred and George on either side of me, sandwiching me between the two of them, who were laughing their heads off.
Once they finally let me go, they both started bombarding me with questions. "Is this really your house?" George asked, looking around at the large living room, fit with a crystal chandelier.
I immediately felt embarrassed. I knew the Weasleys didn't have much money, and here I was, with a chandelier that weighed at least 200 pounds, and one that was wider than I was tall. "Yep."
"It's bloody brilliant!" Fred said, punching me lightly on the arm.
I heaved a sigh of relief. Of course they didn't care about my house, they weren't like that at all. "Thanks Freddie."
My mum looked at me with wide eyes, seeing how close I obviously was with the two red-haired boys around me. "Lily, why don't you give those two the tour?"
"Sure mum, follow me boys." I led them out of the living room and to the kitchen, where uncle Remus was eating a chocolate bar from the pantry, talking with Uncle Sirius. "Hey Uncle Sirius, Uncle Remus. This is Fred and George Weasley, my friends from school."
"Nice to meet you two, giving them the tour of the manor?" Uncle Remus asked, barely looking up from his place in the pantry.
"Yep." I said, looking to Fred and George, who had wide eyes as they took in my kitchen. "This is the kitchen, obviously, that door there leads to the main dining room, but we'll eat in there later." I said, pointing to the first door down from the front room.