Chapeter Two

Everyone loaded up into Jades' grandmas truck and left to the funeral home. They were one of the the first few people how had arrived. Her mom had to have been there for hours.

"Hi kids." Jacqueline said as she hugged Jade and Jacob

"Hey mom." Jacob said quietly "Are you coming home tonight?"

Jacqueline nodded her head "yes" then pulled away from the hug because people started showing up. Jade and Jacob sat down in the first row an waited for the ceremony to start. After about 15 minutes of waiting, the funeral started. First, Jacqueline started talking then Jades grandpa talked for the rest of the time. When the funeral was over, everyone formed a line and said their good-byes. The last two people were Jade and Jacob. Jade tried her hardest not to cry but Jacob couldn't hold it in.

"Bye Daddy. I love you." Jade said as she held Jacobs hand

Jade and Jacob walked away from the casket and toward their mother and grandpa.

"Hey kiddos." said their grandpa as he looked at Jacob "Everything will get better. He's in a better place Jake."

Jacob let go of Jades hand then walked to his mom. They then left for the burial. The burial was quite fast and very few people showed up. After the burial, they went home.

"Okay, so did grandma tell you guys about uncle Benny?" Jacqueline cried

Jade nodded her head and so did Jacob.

"We're going tomorrow. I don't want to but were late on rent and were gonna get evicted." Jacqueline cried more

"I'm gonna be there for my birthday?" Jade exclaimed

"I'm sorry Jade, but yes. We can have a party there if you'd like." Jacqueline stated

"No. I don't want a party."

Jades POV
I walked upstairs and started packing. I started with clothes then all of my make up, and then all my personal things. Within two hours, maybe an hour and forty five minutes, I was completely finished. So I walked downstairs and helped my mom. It was going on 9:30 pm and we had been packing since 11:00 this morning and we were finished.

"We won't be there long, I promise." My mom promised

I went back upstairs and lied down, then eventually fell asleep. I woke up the next morning to people running in and out of my room carrying boxes downstairs. I walked downstairs and heard my mom telling someone "yes.. we're leaving the beds... we don't have room for them....."Yes, Benny has some we can use until we get back on our feet." I walked around to find Jacob and he was sitting down on the front porch watching the moving men carry boxes from inside into a truck.

"You okay?" I asked

"Yeah. Just wanna stay home." Jacob replied "It ain't gonna be the same.. Ya know, living on a farm."

"We're not gonna be there forever."

Moments later, I heard my mom walking outside.

"Ya ready?" My mom asked

Jacob and I stood up and walked to the truck. Uncle Benny lives in Montana and were from South Dakota. That right there alone is a 17 hour drive. Yay.

"This is gonna be a long ride."

When we arrived at uncle Benny's house, we didn't even bother to unpack. It was getting dark out and everyone knows how creepy the farm looks when it's dark out. So we just went inside and ate some take out that uncle Benny had bought earlier today.

"So, isn't it somebody's birthday tomorrow? Someone with the name of Jade?" My uncle Benny joked

"Yeah--" I replied but he cut me off

"I got some pretty hot guys that are around your age if your interested?" He continue to joke

"I think I'll pass." I said as I grabbed a French fry

After we ate, we settled down in our little tiny room that we shared. Then I eventually fell asleep.