Goodnight Kiss

Zane entered the grounds of his high school sluggishly, nearly having to drag his feet along the pavement just to get through the front gates of the campus. If the stress and anxieties school provides didn't finish him off, then perhaps his restless insomnia just added to the pit of fire that left him exhausted. He instinctively made his way along the campus, diverting from the school path to make his way underneath the bleachers.

"God, you're looking worse everyday." Gene mumbled, moving away from the pillar he had rested against. Wandering  swiftly to Zane's side, glancing down at the shorter male with an unamused expression.

"Gee, thanks Gene. Please don't compliment me too much at once, I won't be able to handle it." Zane remarked sarcastically to his boyfriend, rolling his eyes as he dropped his backpack onto the ground against one of the bleachers pillars. It had only been awhile since he and Gene had started dating, but it sure as hell had been interesting.

"You know I don't mean it like that, but seriously, are you trying to destroy yourself? Get some fucking sleep Zane, those dark circles under your eyes might pass by your brothers; but not me." He muttered bitterly, reaching his hand out to delicately trace his darkened skin. Hints of worry washed over the delinquents face; however, he was far to prideful to admit it.

Zane grew aware of Genes prideful and sometimes hesitate approaches that he took with affection, simple phrases as 'I love you' and 'I'm worried about you sweetheart.' Just weren't things someone like Gene said, dating him wasn't exactly easy either. However, he managed. They managed. Despite Genes constant dedication to acting passive, moments like these always seemed to remind him that his boyfriend really did care.

"You think insomnia is a choice? It's not like you help, what if I had a nightmare, huh? You aren't exactly the type to leave a sweet voicemail to help me sleep either." Zane reminded, letting out a small sigh as he noticed Genes insistent stare. "Fine, I'll try and get some more rest tonight." He mumbled, watching as his compliance must've eased his boyfriend, who simply smiled in response before backing away.

Zane had to admit, there were moments where he wished that Gene would be more affectionate. He tried reasoning with himself occasionally, they were both new to this entire relationship thing after all. However, it had already been a few months and despite Genes nicer and kinder attitude, he couldn't help want more.

Their kisses were always in secret and secluded areas due to his brothers overprotective behaviour, and he was sure that his father wouldn't exactly approve of their relationship either. To put it simply, their entire relationship was complicated. At moments it felt like they were having a secret love affair, like Romeo and Juliet. God, he really did hate that stupid play. He just hoped that by the end of their chapter, their relationship would still be alive.

He pulled himself out of his dazed state, walking over to where he had thrown his backpack only to plop down beside it. Of course his brothers always had to arrive early to school, which just resulted in him being at lead thirty minutes early everyday. He wasn't going to waste his spare time, leaning against the pillar himself as his eyes were pulled down by an unknown heaviness. Zane hadn't actually managed to fall asleep, but instead just rested his eyes for the remainder of his thirty minutes. He stayed silent throughout his time, listening in on the occasional chatter from Sasha and Zenix, who didn't seem to pay him all that much attention. This wasn't new to anyone in their group, Zane had always had bad sleeping habits. Whether it was staying awake to finish a series on Netflix, or simply just laying aimlessly in his bed for what felt like hours.

Despite his tired out condition, his eyes still fluttered open when he heard the bell ring, getting up and picking up his backpack. He slung it over one of his shoulders, waving at his special delinquent before making his way towards class.