FOUR ; concert

( Chapter Four )

CONCERT

real life ft. Louis !

Crossing my arms over my chest, I grinned at Zayn as he went on and on about this girl he had been seeing for some time now.

"I am telling you, dude, she is perfect. From her gorgeous face and soft hair to the cutest laugh, you will ever hear. And don't even get me started on how funny and kindhearted she is. Plus that voice? That voice will be the death of me." He sighed, with actual hearts in his eyes like the cartoon characters he is always drawing.

"Hear that Harry, Zayn's in love." Liam teased, ruffling Zayn's hair. Diana rolled her eyes before advising Liam to shut up.

"Leave the poor boy alone, I think it's a wonderful thing," Niall noted, not even bothering to perk up from his laptop that was undoubtedly on Twitter.

"20 minutes!" Robert clamored, "Time to get moving to the stage."

I hastily sprang to my feet, grabbing Niall's hand and his guitar, and hurriedly ushered him toward the backstage area. "I didn't even get to send my tweet out," he lamented. I flashed him a quick smirk as I handed him his guitar, helping him to strap it on. Dressed in our sleek black tuxedos, with Diana in her stylish short dark blue dress with her bass strapped on, we made our way onto the stage, only to be met with the deafening screams and cheers of our enthusiastic fans.

As the band played the beginning chords of One Thing, Liam's voice filled the arena.

"I tried playing it cool, but when I'm looking at you. I can't ever be brave, 'cause you make my heart race."

I walked to stage right on the small, slightly evident 'X' was placed, helping guide me to the right spot. Zayn stood next to me, like Liam, Harry, and Niall slowly edged towards the front of the stage. Looking over my right shoulder, I saw that Diana was crouched down on the ground with some fans as she started to sing the pre-chorus.

"Something's gotta give now, 'cause I'm dying just to make you see. That I need you here now, 'cause you got that. One. Things."

We all bounced around, trying to hype up the crowd, which wasn't too hard because they were already crying out, trying to gain our interest. Once the song was done, I slowly made my way towards the rest of the band, sliding my arm over Zayn's shoulder as he welcomed the crowd to our last concert until March.

"Now, now. You all are amazing tonight. Never seen a crowd as exciting as you all." Diana spooks into the mic as we all get ready for the next song. She slightly flipped her hair, sweat already making its way to all of their hairlines.  

"You know Zayn, I think our little DD is getting a bit hot." I 'whispered' into my mic, causing the American girl to turn her head around with a sharp look. "And...your case? Sweating bricks over there, Lou!." This prompted the mob of girls to laugh at the girls come back. Unexpectedly, Josh played a timely double roll on his set, making Diana's quote on quote "joke" even sillier to the crowd.

"Come on now! It wasn't even that funny." Louis grumbled into his mic, "Stupid women."

Her laugh reverberated throughout the entire stadium.

"Now- No- now that is done with," Liam giggled slightly, "This song is for all of the people whose chest feels slightly heavy every time you look at that one person. Your breath dilutes, your eyes suddenly feel heavy, and your head is clouded up. This is...Stole My Heart."

After our performance of Stole My Heart, we all grouped around on the floor, sitting in an almost half-circle. Niall and Diana both had acoustic on their laps as they quietly tuned them off-mic.

"Now, this next song is truly something..." Diana spooks up, attaching a mic onto her shirt. "...special. I wrote it right before the release date of Up All Night. Zayn argued that I show our lovely producers, and next thing you know, it's on the album."

I brought my mic up to my mouth before I started speaking, "This song is thus far one of my favorites to come out of our album. This is 'Love, me.'"

Niall started the song, slowly strumming his guitar to a soft tune, "Love the view, your body lights up the room. My mother doesn't approve, let's put up a feud. You're nothing alone but with me it will be nothing you've ever had before."

"Stolen kisses, midnight dances, everything with you is a dream come true. What will your father think? Let's be the dream you've always wanted." I sang into my microphone, the speed starting somewhat slow, but picked up with a loud crash from Josh hitting a symbol.

Suddenly Liam and Zayn started singing as the tempo gained speed. "So love me good night, as if it's your last night on earth. Push you against a wall, drive me wild. I'll be the genie of the dusk, make your wildest wishes come true. (Baby, I just want to kiss you.) Make me your one and only. Just let me kiss you goodnight is all I ask for. (Kiss you goodnight)"

A new surge of adrenal swept throughout my body as we all stood up, still standing on our designated spots. The crowd of girls sang alongside our voices, screaming the lyrics to, scratching their throat's up in hopes of hearing them in a crowd of thousands of others. 

"Edge of your teeth, make my skin go wild. I'll kiss you there and make you forget who there. You and I, nobody can even try and compare," Harry replied, causing the screams only to grow louder.

Dan played slowly. but steady riff on his keyboard, causing the tempo to slow down just a tiny bit. The band had their moment, playing in harmony a complex melody as Diana walked towards the front of the stage for her solo, the rest of us following immediately behind.

"Holding hands, bits on your neck, there is no use if there is no you. Hold me tight, I can't leave you behind. I'm the end of your storybook, your one and only."

"So love me good night, as if it's your last night on earth. Push you against a wall, drive me wild. I'll be the genie of the dusk, make your wildest wishes come true. (Baby, I just want to kiss you.) Make me your one and only. Just let me kiss you goodnight is all I ask for. (Kiss you goodnight)," Zayn and Liam sang quietly, the main focus being on the band as they continued their moment.

I walked to stage right, grabbing onto the hand of a fan as I looked into their eyes, really dragging the effect. "Oh oh oh oh oh. It's only been you...only been you. Always you."  Management would get a crackle after this one. The poor girl looked like she was about to pass out. Giving her a wink, I let go of her hand and made my slow walk to the center of the stage.

"Your head is filled, let me calm those nerves. Don't worry darling I won't let you go." Harry sang one last time before we all harmonized on the melody for the last time. "So love me good night, as if it's your last night on earth. Push you against a wall, drive me wild. I'll be the genie of the dusk, make your wildest wishes come true. (Baby, I just want to kiss you.) Make me your one and only. Just let me kiss you goodnight is all I ask for. (Kiss you goodnight)."

I looked out into the sea of teenagers, trying to take a mental picture of what it looked like. To always remember what it felt like singing for thousands of people, all at once. To remember the adrenal pumping through my veins, sweat aligning in my hairline.

My heart felt as if it would jump out my chest at any second, taking off running as soon as it got the chance to.

"It's always been you." 

-