TEN; one year

( Chapter One )

ONE YEAR

real-life ft. Third Person !

January 13, 2013

Over a single year, Diana's life underwent a profound transformation. The past year has been a whirlwind for Diana, filled with a multitude of experiences that have left an indelible mark on her life. As she stood amidst the bustling activity of the Japanese airport, the air was alive with the overwhelming sound of enthusiastic cheers from nearly a thousand adoring fans. Their voices reverberated through the terminal, creating a cacophony of excitement and support as they eagerly called out her name. Diana was escorted through the bustling terminal, enveloped in a moment that she could hardly believe was real.

"Come on, Diana, we have to hurry!" Robert urged her along, making no time for any more autographs or pictures. As the large camera crew trailed behind them, the sense of urgency and anxiety intensified within Diana. A sour taste rose in her throat, and her mind felt clouded. Amidst the chaos of running through the airport, trying to avoid fans, she couldn't shake the overwhelming thoughts of past, present, and future events.

The whirlwind of upcoming days made it increasingly difficult for her to discern between what was right and left. The teenagers were shoved into a van that took off like a rocket before they were even able to blink. "We will have plenty of time to take pictures and sign autographs later down the line. Those fans will have to wait a little longer; we will be back in that airport in no time," Robert announced as he drove the car to a foreign place, probably towards the hotel, but you can never be sure with their schedule.

"Still sucks though," Liam acknowledged the elephant in the room.

They always wanted to do more for their fans because they truly appreciate and value their support. The six teenagers feel indebted to their fans for everything they have achieved. Without their fans, they might still be living at home, pursuing higher education, or even starting their own families, although this is a matter of speculation.

"I understand your point," Robert acknowledged, "However, we must also adhere to our schedule. With the release of this movie approaching, it's crucial that everything progresses according to plan and within the set timelines."

The drive to the hotel was serene, the members of One Direction feeling exhausted after their electrifying performance the previous night in the UK. As they arrived at the hotel in Japan, they were relieved to finally have some downtime in their rooms. The decision to leave the tour bus behind was a practical one, considering the chaotic and bustling streets of Japan, which would have made navigating the large bus risky.

Diana flopped down onto her neatly made bed, the soft comforter welcoming her tired body. She reached for her phone, a sleek new model with an upgraded SIM card that would allow her to stay connected while traveling outside the UK. As she unlocked the screen, a flurry of notifications inundated her display, causing a frown to crease her forehead. In a swift motion, she activated the "do not disturb" feature, silencing the incessant alerts.

Amidst the sea of notifications, an email notification from Robin stood out. Her heart skipped a beat as she tapped on the message, revealing a thoughtful note from her partner of over a year. It was a reminder of the unexpected love that had blossomed between them, a love that had taken Diana by surprise but had since become an integral part of her life.

While time has been flying by in their relationship, the amount of time they've spent together has slowly grown smaller and smaller by the day. Diana was either always traveling for work or vice versa with Robin. The pair could never seem to find a time for them to simply catch up. But with Robin's new job as a judge for American Idol, their time would soon be spent together. He was supposed to be flying in in a couple of weeks to tour with them so that he could help put together their third album. Diana and the boys couldn't wait for his genius side of music to be the needed spark in their newest album. Working like dogs, Diana couldn't wait to spend some time with her significant other.

She smiled at an email from him which he had simply written, "I love you and I can't wait to see you." Those ever-so-simple words sent butterflies roaring up Diana's throat, causing a delicate smile to form on her face.

As she sifted through the remaining emails in her inbox, Diana's eyes landed on a conspicuously flagged message from Gruyter "Grey" Matters of UT Austin. Opting to defer addressing it until later, she powered down her phone and didn't even bother to charge it for the next day. Nestling under her cozy covers, she felt the plush mattress gently enveloping her. Finally, sleep washed over her, carrying her into the night.