H.S. PHONE CALLS

"Guys, this is stupid." Lindy said in a dejected way.

"It's not stupid! We're definitely gonna convince your parents!" Maan exclaimed.

Charise nodded vigorously. "Yes! It's been so long since we had a gathering! Plus, this is our first time planning a sleep-over!"

Astonishing as it may seem, considering they were high school students, this was The Gang's first sleep-over (well, planning for it at least). Their parents were a little bit on the strict side, so the thought of a sleep-over didn't cross their minds that much.

Until now.

"Shit, don't use the word 'gathering'. We sound like a cult or some sort of mafia." Zceska said in that tone of hers that sounded like serious and joking combined together. Don't know how that's possible, but it's true!

"Okay, okay, fine! Hang-outs!" Charise exclaimed.

"Besides, Lindy, you don't have to worry." Mayred placed a hand on Lindy's shoulder. "We have a secret weapon."

Faster than Lindy could comprehend, the hand that had been on her shoulder quickly slipped into her pocket and grabbed her phone.

"Wai... Wha--?" Lindy only blinked.

Mayred tossed the phone to Kiara.

"I got it!" As soon as her hands grabbed it, Kiara immediately called Lindy's parents.

Karen and Kim clapped.

"That was fast!" Karen shouted.

"Like a ninja!" Mary randomly shouted.

"NO!" Lindy tried to grab for her phone, but Kim and Razzelle stopped her.

"Come on, guys! My parents won't allow me even if I asked them or not!" Lindy continued to struggle.

Mayred rolled her eyes. "I knew you didn't ask them."

Mary, who had been some feet away from Lindy, was suddenly an inch away from her face.

"We are going to convince your parents whether you or they like it not!"
Lindy sagged in defeat.

"Oh! Hello, this is Kiara!"

The Gang's attention was now on Kiara on the phone talking to Lindy's parents.

After a few minutes, Kiara dropped the call and handed Lindy, whom Kim and Razzelle let go, back her phone.

"So, what did her parents say?" Razzelle asked.

Kiara's shoulders slumped for a moment, and The Gang almost immediately followed. Then, she brightened up.

"SHE CAN COME!!!"

"WHOOOOOOOO!!!" Mary, Kim, and Karen whooped out and began jumping up and down.

"Wai... What?" Lindy blinked.

"Kiara's cute voice saves the day again!" Kim joked.

"Okay, guys! Time to pack our things for the sleep-over!"

_________________________________________

Apparently, packing things meant packing clothes and necessities before going to the laptop to chat. And by chat, they mean Skype Video.

"Zceska, you look like a terrorist!" Kim laughed at Zceska on video cam wearing a black turtleneck that reached to her nose. The sunglasses perched on top of her black hair made it look worse.

Karen laughed a little before letting out a guffaw.

"What are you dressed up for? Winter or summer?"