12. Escape from Towa.

I open up my eyes and I have Byakuya let go of me. So I walk over to an empty space with none of the remains of the shattered window. I slowly set the other brief case down, squatted down, and opened it.

Money? From all of the things that could've been in this case, it was money. So apparently, I threw out the right case. If I can really believe that. I hear a sound from my ear piece and I quickly turn it on.

"Celeste, Togami? Are you two safe? The technology in Towa never seemed to have gone out by now. At least that's what's showing on the broadcast." Lirane said checking up on us.

"Yes. We're safe. I threw one of the cases out of the window and apparently it had exploded when it left Towa tower. Is this what I was supposed to do?" I explain over the ear piece.

"Well. They're may have been a different way to have taken out the device, but apparently throwing it out of the tower did the job just as well. Congratulations you two, I'm more than impressed and proud of you guys." She told us.

I smiled and let out a tear of joy, realizing that I just saved an entire city from what they call, despair. I never felt accomplished like this in my life, not at all. But it felt rather very pleasing.

Arlin was on the floor, probably sunken in his own form of despair. But I felt like he needed more of it, he didn't deserve to live for all that he had done. I finally pulled out my diamond shaped knife, ran over to him, and turned him over so that he had full gaze on me.

"So how does it feel? To lose against one of the luckiest most powerful people to ever be in existence. Well, it must feel shameful. Doesn't it." I say as I hold the knife up against him.

"I won't answer anymore from you. You're nothing to this world now." Arlin responded in his anger.

"Oh well isn't that just cute? Trying to take away some of my value when I already took so much of yours, including your wife." I taunt callously.

"You bastards killed my wife?!" He screamed at me.

"Yes. However she would've survived if it wasn't for her blatant attempt to assassinate me. She deserved it honestly."

"My wife never deserved to be killed. You're the ones who should be dead."

"Such violence in your speech. Well then." I pull the knife away from his throat. "They may as well call me young Charlotte Corday. Heheheh." I giggled as thrusted the knife. However, before it could get a couple inches to his chest, I felt my hand with the knife in it suddenly get restrained. I looked up and saw Byakuya being the one who had just took grasp of my wrist. He instantly hauled me off of Arlin and I started thrashing and losing my temper.

"Taeko listen to me!" He yelled at me.

My eyes widened by hearing him address me by my real name. I remained silent.

His eyes looked like they were watery along with the frustrated look he had on his face. "I didn't fall in love with someone who enjoyed killing! I never wanted to! You should know better than this, where is the woman I knew!?" He cried out of his frustration to me.

My eyes were turning into faucets. I could sense and understand that I was crying right in front of my spouse as tears lawlessly leaked from my eyes down my cheeks. I said nothing because if I did it would only worsen the pressure.

It took a little while for me to calm down and reorganize my thoughts. Finally, I addressed a solution that was rather better than just killing Arlin Sabrina myself. "I got myself lost for a moment. Call the police and tell them to get him from the tower, his trial will most likely leave him with death row."