13. Tasty treatment.

I finally wake up from my sleep, when I feel a light shine over my eyelids. Was that the rescue boat that was going to take us back? It must've been.

"There they are! They're ok!" One of the people yell.

It was barely audible to my sense of hearing. However I was quite capable of understanding that this was perhaps the rescue we needed so much for. I try and shake Byakuya awake, but his eyes only fluttered and went back into sleep. "He's barely going to make it." I thought to myself.

I got up on shaky legs and moved slowly towards the people coming to pick us up. I lend my hand out and roll my fingers towards myself to signal them to come over to us. The two people abided to doing so.

They came over to us and a woman asked me on what the matter was.

"Byakuya won't wake up. He may be losing his breath due to low circulation. Do you happen to have anything to do about this?" I say rasply to her.

"We can help escort him onto the ship, thankfully we have oxygen tanks on it. So he'll be able to breathe better as soon as we get him on." The woman responded.

"May I sit next to him? I want to see him when he's up."

"You can sit wherever you want. As long as you're safe."

"Th-... Thank you." I say with tears in my eyes.

I walk slowly on to the boat with the man carrying Byakuya bride style along on board. I waited for where Byakuya would be placed. When saw them they placing him in a back seat, I immediately went over near two more people. One of them having an oxygen tank, and the other one popping something to his nose. Ammonia?

I could see Byakuya shake his head awake through one of the other people who popped whatever it was in him. When I realized that he was fully awake, he grabbed the oxygen mask and put it on in an instant out of his desperation. I went over to check up and see if everything was going to be ok with him. Please thank God that I didn't lose him.

Although one of the people who popped whatever that thing was in him, came over to me.

"He's going to need a little time by himself to recover." They said to me.

"What did you give him?" I ask hastily.

"I gave him an ammonia inhalant, so he could have enough energy to take the mask. When you two get back, Lirane will need to take you two to a hospital, due to the lack of food and hydration you two were getting." They replied as they walked off.

I listened in and gave him some time to recover. I thought to myself. "What sorts of food did they bring to us? What food do I enjoy that he does not care about?" Though I knew that Byakuya never cared about any sorts of sweet treats such as cakes or souffles. I always wondered what his critiques were on other European savory dishes.

I layed down on to the wall and before my brain shut down, one of the people who were on the boat lended me a bottle of water. I took it saying nothing in my return whilst opening the bottle up and gulping down every bit of it. I sighed in relief and slowly stood up.

It was a while before I received a tray of my favorite eats. I had some Swedish meatballs with roasted sweet potatoes on the side of it. They seemed to even be well prepared to have given me a nice slice of rich chocolate and carmel cake on the side. The icing on top was so smooth, with the cake's appearance being delicate all around. This may have made me happy to receive, but I believe something else may make me more happy.

I went to the area to where Byakuya was recovering and I took my food along with me. He looked to be eating something that he must've been desperate for on the inside. However he was still watching his manners while nourishing himself. He saw me with the tray of food, and I had already taken a noticable amount bites of my vegetables on the side.