Friends & Foes VI

Friends & Foes VI: Tea with the Prince

To say Kaede was pissed was a severe understatement. She didn't hide the fact that her hands were trembling so hard from anger that she was spilling her tea whenever she picks up her cup. The aura around her was murderous.

Kokichi smiled as, once again, began eating her deserts happily as Rantaro chatted with the prince. Prince Saihara seemed like a very moderate and normal person, although a bit quiet.

Honestly, she was a bit disappointed, Kokichi thought that the prince of the whole nation would be a pretty confident and social person, but his highness was not giving Kokichi that vibes at all. It was weird.

"Well, I hope there wasn't any trouble traveling here on such short notice." Rantaro started, "I've heard you had a busy day today."

"N-no not at all." The prince replied, "I needed to take a break anyways. I've been indoors for far too long."

"Are you sure?" Rantaro questioned in confirmation, "it was a short notice." Rantaro remembered asking the head maid about Kaede's meeting with the prince and told him that it was planned on the spot that same day without anything planned, and so Rantaro felt guilty. "I apologize if my sister might've rushed you because of... my sister being my sister." He said with a sigh, earning an annoyed 'hmph' from the blonde.

"What does that supposed to mean."

Rantaro hushed her while the prince nodded awkwardly, "It's really fine, I don't mind."

Kokichi could tell he was telling half-lies by his skittishness and quick assurance being too nervous. The prince probably did rush to get his work done just to meet with Kaede and just didn't want to make Kaede feel bad for him whatever the reason was.

"I knew my fiance would always have time for me." Kaede said proudly, "he's so considerate."

More like a pushover, seriously, how the hell did this guy get engaged to a person like Kaede?!

Rantaro seemed to notice the complex look on Kokichi's face and asked, "Kokichi, are you thinking about something?"

"I'm just trying to piece together how someone like the prince can end up with Kaede, you two seem completely different in... well... everything?" Kokichi questioned, catching the attention of the Prince, who seemed to understand but didn't say anything.

On the other hand, Kaede seemed puzzled by the question, "what do you mean?"

"Well, Prince Saihara seems very socially awkward for someone as loud and obnoxious as you, no offense of course," Kokichi said bluntly.

The prince was taken aback by the sudden unfiltered honestly but understandably can see why. That didn't stop Saihara from feeling a bit embarrassed.

On the other hand, Kaede paled at Kokichi's informality.

"Miss Togami, when speaking to my fiance you should be a bit more formal." Kaede pouted, being a bit irritated with Kokichi's attitude as per usual, ignoring the small "bruh" off to the side.

Kokichi groaned dramatically, "Riiiight," Kokichi let out, rolling her eyes as if not surprised she's getting lectured yet again and not caring about what the other girl has to say. "you would know all about being formal when you look like you're a minimum wage clown of a low-budget, knock-off circus no one goes to."

Kaede backtracked and lifted her hand to her chest, looking a bit offended. "I-i do not-" she stammered defensively but was cut off short by the raven-haired prince placing a hand on her shoulder.