Thunder Kiss '65

The wheels of the car were grinding against the cold and wet road. The SUV wasn't very fast but at least it could move consistently on the wet surface. The little forest road saw rain often. It was usually cold and really fucking wet. That's why all of those camping type families never went there. Really it was impossible to have a good time. And there was a lot more of the ride home left.
   That fact probably made the wolf pretty annoyed, seeing as he'd have to hold a gun at Jacob for hours and be awake the whole time.
   The cheetah himself wasn't having a good time either. Sitting there in between those two criminals made him uncomfortable, even if he was technically like them.
   The buffalo was once again looking like he had no worry in the world. Let's be honest here, did he really have a worry in the world? No. He was in control of his situation which was the most safe thing any person could really do - have control.
   The herbivore had officially bested Jacob in terms of spiritual relaxation. The big man turned to look at the other two. Even if he wasn't affected by it he could clearly sense the tension.

   – So I didn't really get to ask you, why did you kill those people? – he made an attempt to strike a conversation, even if a bizarre one at that.

   Jacob looked at him with a neutral expression.

   – Well you kinda did earlier before I got in. Like I said before: I dunno – he said softly – I just... felt like it I guess.

   The buffalo laughed and shook his head.

   – That can't be the reason why you did it, trust me. No one kills without reason. I know that you have your mental health issues and I understand that some people like that don't really have a good reason for it but nobody kills just because they feel like it.

   – I'm pretty sure they d-...

   – No – the syllable almost shook the car. The buffalo said it in such a way that really told you everything without saying anything else: "You will stop talking and you will start listening now."

    Jacob's eyes widened and he bit his tongue. The cheetah was more than willing to cooperate.

    – I don't expect you to understand me right away, especially considering the fact that you are impaired. I don't really intend on schooling you either. I already saved your life, I don't need to do shit for you – he laughed. – You'll learn it yourself one day. Maybe.

    Well now that made Jacob feel bad. Why didn't the buffalo want to explain his point? Did he not want a conversation? With the herbivore taking out a pair of headphones and putting them on the answer to that question became obvious.
    The cheetah sighed and looked to the wolf, who was staring at him with a mostly expressionless face but despite that it still had some miniscule details. It was hard to really tell what they signaled but Jacob could notice that they were negative. That gave him the sign to stop staring into the man's eyes.
   The feline was now left to attempt and do nothing for the rest of the trip. A difficult task for sure, the pressure was enough to make most people do something.
   The car didn't stop it's uncomfortable journey up until it reached New York. It only took a few hours. The sun was going to rise in one or two more of those.
   The buffalo looked outside his window and took those headphones off. He then opened the door and got out.

   – Here ya go Jacob. You're welcome for the ride. I hope you manage to get rid of that uniform you're wearing before the cops see you. – the herbivore stood there and waited, gesturing for the cheetah to get out of the car.
   Jacob waisted no time in doing what he was told to. Once out of the car, he looked around. He was in downtown so he wouldn't have to worry about getting seen, cops rarely stayed out after dark in downtown. He heard the door behind him close shut and turned around.
    The window rolled down and the smirking face of the buffalo peered out.