chapter || 02

◐| chapter two; love is love

Silence rang out in my ears as I felt the weight of the words that I had just uttered, on my heart. It pressed down on me like an anvil, making me nearly breathless. I could feel cold sweat starting to break on my back as I processed what I had just let out.

'I think I am in love with Jeongguk.'

Oh god. I'm in love with Jeongguk. I'm in love with my best friend. And not just 'in love.' No, the love I had for him could break down any boundary, pave any mountain, stop any apocalypse. It was strong. Very strong. And destructive.

After having finally said it to someone other than myself,everything felt real now as if I had only just realized that I loved him.

But I knew that wasn't the truth. I knew I loved Jeongguk from the minute I set my eyes on him. His doe eyes, his bunny smile, his puffy cheeks with that little beautiful scar. His everything. He was a temple that I wanted to worship, and I knew that I had felt like this from the beginning, even if I had only recently fully acknowledged it. Maybe I'm too late.

No, not late. Wrong. I am wrong. A sinner.

I felt myself shudder at the thought while I waited for Joon to say something.

He hadn't said anything yet, not so much as to move a muscle. The silence had me going over every possible scenario that could play out right now. Knowing Joon, I knew he wouldn't shout, neither would he terrorize. He would just put down all the logical reasons for me to stop being delusional and illogical. And that would help me move on. If someone as poetically lovable as Joon finds a flaw in an act, it was surely not the right act at all. Even if it's was me falling in love with Gguk.

When he didn't react, I felt myself getting nervous.

"Well.....?" I asked nervously, twiddling my thumbs as I shuffled my feet, not able to stand still.

To this, RM just blinked and looked back at me. His face was blank, relaxed even, as he kept looking at me, as if waiting for me to say something more.

"I am waiting for you to go on." He said with ease as if I hadn't just said something that can put our careers in jeopardy. And not just careers, our lives in jeopardy.

I stood there startled at the relaxed tone of his statement. I blinked rapidly in astonishment, boggled by the thought that he could be so at ease at this point.

In all honesty, I wanted him to react. No, I needed him to react.

"I expected you to say something more..."

"Dramatic? Drastic? Something along the lines of 'wrong'?" He asked with a slow smile growing on his face. He could read me like an open book, more than seven years of friendship does that I guess.

I breathed in deeply, shutting my eyes for a brief moment.

"Yeah. Something like that." I said, huffing out a breath of air.

Joon hyung chuckled softly. "I wouldn't say anything like that. You know I could never." He said. I huffed. For once, just for this once I needed him to be harsh. But I guess I was wrong. He was Joonie hyung, the same guy who helped me with homework when I was in school, the same guy who carried me on his back when I was too tired to walk back from school on foot. He couldn't be harsh. Not to any of the six of us. Joonie hyung continued. "And in all honestly, anyone who looks at you two for even five minutes can tell that you both like each other."

I looked at him wide-eyed. "What?" I felt my breath being knocked out of me, as if someone had punched me right in the stomach. His words had me on the edge.