Chapter 2 Wait, there's more of them?

Tristan stares up at me.

I feel like asking what the hell just happened but I can't speak.

Then all of a sudden, Tristan changes back to a human with another cloud of white smoke.

"Sorry... for not saying anything... and for hurting your... wrist..."

I look down at my wrist. It's a little red but that's probably cuz Tristan grabbed it there too quickly and hard.

"You..."

"Hm?"

"Bu.... Y.... ju...ca...." only two letters or less of the words I wanted to say came out of my mouth. "F... i... di... Wh.... what?!"

"EHeheheh. I know. It's a little strange. But we've kept it a secret up until now."

"Huh?"

"Every time somebody of the opposite gender grabs hold of our wrist or hand, we transform into animals. Same thing if we do that to them."

"So... it's kinda like a curse?"

"Well, I guess you could say that. the other guys who live here are also like this. Except they're all different."

"Hold on a sec... You're hair is brown. But you turn into a white bunny. Isn't that..."
I was trying to take it all in.
"Isn't that a little different?"

"Yeah. I'm the only one who does that. Well, the only one who transforms into something so unexpected."

"Well, you're cute like that. I think it's good to be different from the rest. Plus it's interesting." I smiled sweetly at Tristan.

Then all of a sudden, he transformed again.

"Huh? Why'd you transform again?"

"I-If we're under pressure, or anything like that, we transform as well."

"Oh... you're under pressure right now?"

"..."

"Uh... never mind you don't have to answer!"
~~~~~~~~~~~~
After Tristan helped me clean my room with me, he went to the kitchen.

"Is there anything you'd like me to make you?"

"Oh. You don't have to do that for me."

"Oh no it's okay. I enjoy cooking for people."

"Uh... well it that case..." I thought about what to would be good. then it hit me. "Oh! How about nachos?"

"Hmmm... That sounds good. Sure!" And with that, Tristan whipped up a whole bunch of nachos with cheese, meat and lettuce on them.

I had explained that I can't eat spicy things to Tristan and that if I do, I can't breathe. I've been trying to overcome that little disadvantage I have for a long time, but, so far, nothing helps.

Tristan and I sat down at a six seated table and ate our nachos.

Just then, the door burst open.

"I'm so not gonna do this again, Blake." A boy with white hair walked in, his hands in fists.

Followed by this guy, another boy followed. He had blond hair with a red line going across his bangs. "C'mon, Adam. You're so harsh. Can't you just this once?"

"No. I've gone through this with you already, okay? Do NOT follow me." With that, this 'Adam' guy stormed off into another room.

The other boy, 'Blake', stopped following him and sighed. Then he noticed me and said something. "Oh, Tristan, you brought a girl into the house?"