Chapter 4

I sigh as i remember everything from last night. I had never felt so happy and not wanting to just kill myself. He made me feel special.

I hear my phone buzz and i swipe it to unlock my phone.
Jake:Hey adorkable
Mykie:wow thanks
Jake:lol wrud
Mykie:Texting you and breathing
Jake:too clever lol
Mykie: lol so wyd
Jake:bout to go swimming. Want to come?
Mykie:sure. Meet me at ABC Music
Jake: k be there in 5:) be ready
Mykie:ok:)
I quickly grabbed my blue and white chevron bikini and put it on. I grabbed my sunglasses, sunscreen, a towel and put my cover on. I threw my hair into a messy bun and walked out the door to ABC Music. As i was walking there, I thought about my mother. Last night she had to go to the hospital because she had a statnge bacteria that was making ulcers in her stomach. They also said they saw a large mass in her colan. And they said it could be cancer. But I wont let that ruin my day.

When i arrived i saw Jake sitting there on the bench waiting for me in his trunks, a t-shirt and a beach bag.
I smiled to myself when i realized how cute he was.:)

Wait what am I thinking?! I cant fall for anyone! Ill just get my heart broken like I always do.
"Hey Mykie!"He yells.

"Hey Jake"I slightly smile and walk over to him.

He gives me a comforting smile as he asks me"Are you ready to go?"

"Yup!" I say while popping the p.

"Lets go then" He says as he takes my hand in his and we start walking to the beach.
A wierd sensation shot through my arm as he gtabbed my hand.

----------------------

"AAHHHH!" I say as Jake splashes me with the freezing cold water.

"Haha!!!!"Jake manages to get out as we were both laughing super hard.

"Youre gonna get it this time!"As soon as I say that, i push him into the water.

He says something that bring me hurt and sadness. "I didnt think your mom would let you come to the beach with an immature 17 year old. He says with a laugh at the end.

My smile turns to a frown.

Sh-shes in the hospital. I quietly said as i look down into the water.

A tear slips down my cheek and into the big pool of water. My tears kept coming and coming till i was sobbing into Jakes chest. He was trying to comfort me but it wasnt working. My mom may be mean, but she is all I have left. My dad died when I was 9. My sister Katrina is in rehab for a drug addiction. This perfect day turned into the worst day.

"Who are you staying with then?"

He asks me quietly. My grandma is staying with me at the moment.

"My grandma" I quietly say in response.

Jakes chest was so warm even though the water is so cold.

I look over Jakes shoulder to see a huge and I mean huge! Wave coming toward us!

"AHHH LOOK AT THAT WAVE!"I scream.

We both duck under the water so it wouldnt hit us.

I opened my eyes and it suprisingly didnt burn.

I tap Jake as a signal to open his eyes to. He opens them and we both laugh , almost choking on the water.

I come up because I ran out of breath and i just laugh.

He comes up a couple seconds later and looks at me, he just laughs.

This good day turned into a good day, then a bad day, and now its a good day. I know that doesnt make since but these are my thoughts so I dont care!

We have been at the beach for 3 hours and i suprisingly dont have a sunburn. I get sunburnt really fast and it doesnt turn into a tan.:(

"Are you ready to go?" Jake asks me.

"Yeah I need to get home."

Right then. An Idea popped into my head.

"Why dont you stay at my house with me so I dont get bored ? My grandma is asleep most if the time so she wouldnt mind!"I say to Jake

"Sure! Let me text my mom real quick.
Jake:Hey mom. Im going to my friend marissas house for the night. Shes going through a rough time.
Regina:Ok sweetie. Be back by twelve tomorrow i love you:*
Jake:I love you too:)
End of convo

"So can you come over?"I ask hoping for a yes.

"Yeah"He says with a big smile on his face.

I look up at him. And when i say look up, i mean LOOKING UP! He is super tall. He is 5'11 and i am 5'1

"Your so adorkable" He says with a smirk on his face.

I smile back at him and say "I know"

With a smirk glued to my face like his signature smirk.

Rissa ray