Chapter one

❝Life' wrote a friend of mine, 'is a public performance on the violin, in which you must learn the instrument as you go along.❞

― E.M. Forster

„Please wait here, sir." said the butler and disappeared in the dark hallway. Bam was standing there and looking around the huge corridor. He still didn't understand how he ended up like that.

He was waiting patiently, waiting for the butler to come back and allow him to visit the owner of this residence. However, he wasn't sure if he really wanted to meet this man.

„Viole! Viole! Wake the fucking up, you little shit! You will be late from your test!" Karaka was shouting beside him, not only making his eyes to shoot open, but also making him an early headache. He groaned and turned to his side, then sat up slowly. „Finally, you up." huffed the man „I'm not your babysitter to woke you always up when you are late, so get dressed already or I'll kick your ass."

Bam was sure that there was something that happened that morning. It wasn't odd that Karaka was speaking with him like that, but he never was that harsh neither. He was not really the nicest person, but he wasn't so bad at all. At least he had a softer heart that he showed.

„Move, brat!" he shook him until Bam was fully awake, then left the room. The door after him shouted with a big boom, he heard his foster father's voice upside down, shouting at Karaka. He sighed, there was no time left for daydreaming.

Bam get closed and brushed his hair, then combed it. He just realized what the other male said for him earlier. He'll have a test soon and he was already late! He never got ready faster than before. Bam ran down on the stair, jumped from the end and put on his shoes like someone was chasing him.

„Viole you didn't even have breakfast!" said the male, when he appeared on the kitchen door.

„I don't have time for it. I'll eat after the test! Promise!" he didn't even turn his head to his foster father, he just left the house.

„Geez, these kids nowadays always in a rush..." sighed the male and went back to the kitchen.

Bam rushed through the street, almost got hit by a car, he just waved to the driver apologetically and continued his road. The university was still really far away. He was cursing himself not stealing Karaka's bicycle, after all, he wasn't using it anymore since he is having a car. It would be faster, but it was already late, he didn't want to go back, so he decided to cut the way a bit.

There was an old empty house, it was a bit creepy from outside, but if he through the garden, he can arrive faster to the next street and didn't need to get around the whole street. Actually, it wasn't the first time when he did it, sometimes he just can't help, but oversleep. His master, aka foster father always scolds him, but it didn't matter, he needed to train and learn a lot. He didn't want to be a burned for him in his whole life, and in these days, it was really hard to success university.

He jumped to the top of the fence, since he had good psychal strength, it wasn't hard for him. He heard that a man was shouting after him, but he didn't paid attention, he just jumped down and started to ran with his fastest speed. Unfortunately, the empty house wasn't so empty that it should be. Suddenly someone jumped on him, causing him to fall forward. He felt a weight on his back, but his head was pushed down to the grass, and he wasn't able to look back.

"Who are you and what do are you doing here?!" shouted a femalish but harsh voice. Bam wanted to reply, but there was grass and leaves in his mouth. "Answer me!"

After some mumbling, the female finally noticed that he wasn't able to speak, she was a bit slow, so she let his head. Bam spit out the grass from his mouth,