𝒕𝒘𝒐.

( make sure you read the entire chapter to see an interesting bit of trivia in my a/n! )

8 Hours Later
November 3rd, 1996
6:30 A.M

Upon waking, Amanda burrowed herself into the warm, soft sheets of her bed. She rubbed the remainder of sleep from her eyes and gazed out at the horizon, its vivid light extended across a beautiful and rosy sky. Streaks of sunlight penetrated the window and blinded her and it made her sit up in her bed and rub her knuckles against her eyes again. She stretched her arms above her head as she yawned, her legs dangling above the off-white polyester carpet.

After a minute or two, she got off of the bed, slumbering over to her vanity to grab her black hairbrush. She ran it through her slightly tangled blonde hair, and it wasn't particularly difficult to do, since she had done it so many times; she also found the feeling of the bristles against her scalp to be strangely soothing every time she brushed her hair. But, a few seconds later, she lazily dropped it back down on the counter. She then walked over to her closet, trying to pick out some clothes to wear for the day.

Amanda softly groaned in irritation, wishing that it would be a little easier to find something to wear. But, at the same time, she never really cared about what she wore to school. She always aimed to look as casual as possible, not pretty at all; and that seemed to solve her problem when she finally found the perfect outfit. She walked out of her closet, changing out of her pajamas and into the school clothes, before looking at herself in the mirror.

Since it would be slightly chilly today, she had chosen to wear a blue plaid shirt with a black tank top under it (she decided to leave the plaid shirt unbuttoned, since she preferred it that way) along with skinny jeans that had no holes in them. She wore clack Converse with it and the outfit came together and looked perfect for her. And that was just fine to her.

Amanda felt a sudden knot in her gut... just the slightest sensation of dread filling her heart. It was almost as if she felt that something terrible was heading her way and she wouldn't see it coming. She didn't want that to happen to her, she was ready to refuse the negative vibes eating away at her emotions. It caused her usually bright eyes to dim in their positivity and she sighed heavily, grabbing her backpack from where it was hanging on the hook that sat on her door. She slung it over her back and left the bedroom.

It was very quiet in the house, which was the first red flag in her mind. That meant that Steve still wasn't home yet, and she was instantly worried. But she then began calming herself down by thinking that he had crashed at a friend's house for the night; he had probably stayed out too late. Great job, Steve, Amanda thought to herself and she finally smiled a little, feeling slightly better about her worries.