𝒐𝒏𝒆.

November 2nd, 19969:26 P

November 2nd, 1996
9:26 P.M.

"SO, ARE YOU sure you don't wanna come over, too?"

The blonde-haired girl giggled a little at the question that her good friend had asked about five times in the span of ten minutes. "I'm sure," she replied, although it was kind of a lie. She really did want to spend time with her best friend but, at the same time, she was lazy and she had school in the morning. And here she was, home alone, being the loser once again. Just like she always was... but she was used to it.

"I mean, I would love to," she continued, "but I would definitely not like to see you swapping spit with my brother. So, no thank you." She could hear the girl's laugh on the other end and it made her smile.

But, then again, Casey Becker's laugh always made her smile.

"You're probably right," Casey replied with a giggle. "But, I'm just saying, it won't be as fun without your company. You need to come over more, not just stay home by yourself all the time. I miss hanging out without you like we used to." Although Casey didn't know this, the look on Amanda's face was one of true guilt and she suddenly felt bad. And this made her take a shaky breath, her heart sinking out of misconduct.

"Casey, maybe I should come over. You're right," she said, already getting off of the living room couch and pausing the movie she was watching. "I can go get some clothes for tonight and tomorrow and-"

"No, no, no!" protested Casey, making Amanda freeze in place. "You don't have to come over right now. Steve's almost here, anyway. He can keep me company. It'll be okay."

Amanda sighed, her face twisting into a slight grimace. "You sure, Casey? I can still come over and we can watch all the scary movies you want." She was silently praying that her best friend would say yes, but a part of her had the feeling that she wouldn't. And that would make her feel even more guilty if the latter ended up being the case.

She was right.

"Yeah, it's fine. Don't worry about it, Mandy. It's okay," Casey answered. "Besides, you only want to watch those films because you love them so much. I mean, seriously, how many horror films do you own?!"

Amanda scoffed, shaking her head as she sat back down on the couch and continued the movie she was watching: John Carpenter's Halloween. "Oh no, you don't!" she exclaimed playfully, running a hand through her hair. "You like scary movies, too, so don't you dare lie to me." She could hear Casey giggle on the other end and it made her laugh as well. "And what's your favorite one? The movie that I'm literally watching right now?!"