You're Perfect

DISCLAIMER: This story is mainly about body image and scarring + insecurities. I'm putting a warning because I don't want anyone to be triggered or feel like there's anything wrong with the way that they look. I've always struggled with body image and I would never want anyone to feel that way. This doesn't have anything to do with eating disorders or dysmorphia, but I'm just being safe. If it bothers you please don't read this story and check out my other ones. Thank you!
———————————————————————-

"What are you doing?" Meredith looked up from her book and drew her attention to her husband who had walked into the room and started taking off his clothes as he looked at her intently.

"I'm having sex with my wife," he pulled down his sweats and kicked them off of his feet, "because the kids are asleep, and we haven't had time to ourselves since we took a leave of absence." He yanked off his boxers, revealing his erection, and hopped on the bed like an eager child waking up their parents on Christmas morning.

"Derek," she tried to protest but his lips covered hers and every testimony that came to mind disappeared. His tongue swept against her bottom lip in an attempt to take dominance as he pulled the tan blanket off of her legs and climbed on top of her.

"Mmh, what?" His mouth left hers as he placed passionate kisses on her cheek, tracing the shape of her jawline on his way down to her neck. He formed a smile against her skin when he heard the delicate murmurs escape her lips.

"Derek, I don't think we should, you know with the kids being so close..."

"The kids are always going to be close Mer, I miss you. Please?" He tried to persuade her between kisses. She didn't stop him as he loosened her oversized track pants and lugged them down her legs. She shivered as his left hand smoothed up her thigh, stopping at her panties.

Derek sighed when he felt her faint arousal through the fabric and it turned him on. She wasn't wearing any lace thong or lingerie set. Meredith stuck to a pair of underwear that covered her entire bottom and had extra room around the edges and he thought that was perfect. His forearm wrapped around her lower back and lifted her body to lay her flat against the mattress. "Why are you wearing this much clothing?" He teased and chuckled as his fingers looped around the strings attached to her dark hoodie. Meredith shifted uncomfortably and gave him a wry smile.

"I'm cold." She somewhat lied. It was chilly in their large house, but that wasn't really the reason for her layering.

"Well good thing I'm here to warm you up." Derek kissed her softly as he pulled the hoodie off of her head, fixing the blonde strands that got tangled in the process. He smiled at the lactating stains covering her nipples on her grey t-shirt, not thinking twice before he kissed both of them.

Meredith cringed at the feeling of his lips on her chest, even more when he removed the shirt from her pale body. "Derek..." She muttered and his eyes met hers.

"It's okay, the kids are fine." He kissed her lips reassuringly and settled with his elbows on either side of her body, looking down at her figure. A bra was just another complication when it came to breast feeding, so she wasn't wearing one. "God," he kissed circles around her nipples as he wasn't able to suck them the way that he wanted to. Derek nuzzled his face in-between her breasts and rested there for a second before he continued his path down her stomach.

Meredith wanted to give it to him. She wanted to be that sexy intern that he fell head over heels in love with, but she didn't feel like she could. Disgust filled her palate as he kissed just above her scar and she couldn't help but try to cover herself. Her arms wrapped around her stomach and her shoulders raised like that time in the elevator when she revealed her missing him. "Meredith?" He pleaded softly as he watched her close her eyes in embarrassment and cover up her body. "Stop that." He whispered and removed her scrawny arms, giving his eyes a full view of her middle. He felt like he'd been shot in the gut when she turned her back and laid on her stomach, hiding her face in the pillow. "Baby," he never called her that. He knew it made her feel sappy, but in a time like this he deemed it appropriate.

"I'm okay, keep going." She nodded her head and breathed in the scent of the cotton pillow, trying not to think of her image.

"Meredith," he lugged at her shoulder and forced her to face him. "Look at me." He hovered over her and searched for her eyes as she tried to look anywhere but back at his. Meredith winced as he once again removed her arms from her stomach.

"Derek please, just let me turn over and you keep going." She pleaded.

"I want to see you," was all he could let out as he felt his wife's trust and confidence slipping away from him.

"Why Derek? It's not, I'm not the same. I don't want to talk about this, do you want to have sex or not?" Her eyes watered as his stared into her soul. Derek felt his heart breaking at her words and he didn't know what to say.

"Meredith," he traced his finger over her scars and felt nothing but love for her. Why couldn't she see that? He got up from the bed and walked to the bathroom in their room. He didn't say a word as he plugged up his electric razor and ran the hair remover down his abdomen. He didn't speak as he made his way back to her and got on his knees in front of her. Not a peep escaped his lips as he took her finger and ran it along his faint scar, the one that he equipped after being shot. They could hear a penny hitting the ground as they communicated through their eyes and he hovered over her again. He kissed down her stomach, stopping at the scar as he kissed it slowly, but passionately. His tongue traced her stretch marks as his hand held hers.

She nodded when he removed her panties and positioned his length at her core. A tear escaped her lid as he entered her slowly, letting her adjust to his size. Derek's thumb wiped the liquid from her cheek and it was soon replaced by his mouth, caressing her face as he picked up his pace enough to release a moan from her lips. Their bodies connected as one as their scars lined up perfectly with the other, as if they were made to.

Meredith's body hadn't experienced this amount of pleasure in a long time. She gasped as he grew inside of her and her walls started to clamp down. Her eyes grew lazy and she rested her head on her side as her legs shook. Derek's warm hands held her cheeks in place as he looked into her eyes.

"I want to look at you" He watched as her pupils rolled into the back of her head and her lips parted, chanting his name as she came. He continued his gaze as he came inside of her right after, not wanting to look away from her perfection.

Before they got comfortable, Derek moved to lay next to her and flipped her around so that her back was pressed into his stomach. They spooned in comfortable silence as their naked bodies shared heat. Meredith felt safe as his thumb rubbed against the back of her hand while he held it tightly.

"Meredith," he broke the silence, "I don't, you should never," he stuttered, "I...you're perfect. You are so, perfect, do you hear me?" He got his answer when she hesitated to nod her head. He knew she felt uncomfortable talking about it but she got the message.

"Thank you." She whispered, several minutes later.

"For what?" Derek kissed her shoulder and wrapped his leg around hers, rubbing it up and down her shin as they cuddled.

"Loving me."

"Thank you for letting me."