Chapter 1: Flashback

I thought being retired meant you didn't have to get involved in anymore battles and all sorts but boy was I wrong. To think there was a foe this powerful that could push even Sasuke and Naruto to their limits.

Flashback no Jutsu

"Lord Sixth, we have a problem"

"What is it?"

"Lord Seventh, Sasuke-Sama and the four other Kage have requested assistance in battle "

"Are they-"

"No Sir, but they request immediate backup"

"Ok dispatch all Shinobi on standby"

"Yes Sir"

Panic wasn't something I was used to. Everyone probably knew the calm collected Kakashi Hatake, but today was different. I hadn't trained as much since my sharingan had been taken from the 4th great Ninja war and now I was supposed to face off against the Ōtsutsuki. They had taken Naruto once before and Boruto had defeated them. Unfortunately, more members struck to avenge their clan and the curse mark Boruto gained had helped them accomplish some of their goals and destroy many lives over the 5 great nations. 

Release

I had finally arrived.

The battlefield was full of Shinobi and Samurai from the Land of Iron and the five great Nations. Memories of the 4th great ninja war occupied my mind. Many losses had taken place on that fateful day and even though Naruto has tried to bring peace to the Shinobi world it looks like fighting is just part of human nature.

It looked like the fight had ceased. The lifeless bodies of the  Tsuchikage of Iwagakure, the Kazekage of Sunagakure, the Mizukage of Kirigakure, and the Raikage of Kumogakure were resting on the ground. I approached a crying Naruto who looked like he had seen a ghost - well to be honest he had seen much worse. 

"Sasuke can't you bring all of them back"

"Naruto calm down I told you I don't have my Rinnegan since Borushiki destroyed it..."

"First Hinata and Sakura now Gaa-"

"Naruto get a hold of yourself"

Remaining survivors approached the scene and like me all they could do was not speak and pay their respects.

"It looks like they sent the sixth Hokage"

My head spiralled to see Lady Mizukage and backup shinobi approach the scene.

"Long time no see Kakashi"

"Mei..."

I heard the spears long before I saw it . I was aware of the cutting sounds piercing the air and without thinking I tackled Mei onto the the flat rubble of the earth. The spears had struck the backup shinobi and Naruto didn't bother to dodge it. His face was full of hatred...

Naruto POV

"It's do or die time Kurama"

"If we use this mode your going to die"

"I DON'T CARE"

"As you wish Kit"

"Thank you Kurama"

"For what?"

"For always being there"

"Hmph"

I smiled at Kurama one last time and exited my mindscape.

"SASUKE!!"

His body was limp on the ground not moving. I hoped it was from excess use of chakra but when I saw he had been hit in his right eye that had been operated on months before, I knew there was no chance.

That was the limit breaker. My blood was boiling with anger, hate and sadness. Hinata's death had hit me harder than Sakura's and Shikamaru's but Sasuke and Gaara's death was too much for me.

 I would kill every last one of them...

Kakashi POV

"You know Kakashi if you wanted to do it aga-"

"Not now Mei this isn't the time for jokes" I flushed

"Have it your way"

We had been buried underground for at least 30 minutes. By the look of things Naruto had killed one of them but his power was too much for his body to complete the second one. I limped over his body to see red venomous eyes staring back at me.

"Kakashi"

"K-Kura"

"Save the discussion."

I hadn't seen Kurama take over since the last great ninja war an-

"Kakashi are you listening"

"No sorry"

"Grrrr..... Listen closely. Naruto's life is fading away, Sasuke is dead and I want you to save them."

"How?"

"I have a time travel Jutsu that can make my host go back in time and since Naruto is basically dead already you have to become my jinchurki before I also die"

"But how am I-"

"Just listen. The seal is already undone I just need to transport all my chakra into your body"

"Got it"

The remaining Ōtsutsuki fed his partner to the ten tails and advanced towards me. 

"Now!"

Orange coloured chakra engulfed my system. I closed my eyes just to see Kurama standing there.

"Now Kakashi this will take a couple of minutes. I advise you say your goodbyes."

I looked at Naruto and Sasuke's lifeless bodies on the ground. My precious students. It always happened to me. I had / have lost everybody - Rin, Obito, Minato Sensei, Sakura, my dad and mom and now Naruto and Sasuke. 

Before i knew it a single tear fell down my cheek. This was the first time i cried since the death of my father many years ago. The remaining backup shinobi provided time for me to pay my respects and talk to Mei.

"Mei I'm sorry"

"For what?"

"I couldn't protect everyone and I can't protect you"

"Wait Kakashi are you breaking up w-"

"It's not that"

Without thinking, I embraced her in a tight hug and planted a kiss on her lips. She shuddered then returned the kiss with more passion than my own.

So this is love I thought to myself.

"Kakashi what has gotten into you?" she looked at me worryingly

I mouthed the word thank you through my mask then turned with my back facing her. 

Channel the chakra into your mind then push. Darkness surrounded me.

"Kurama"

"Before you officially go back there's some things I want to tell you. 1 - You will have my chakra inside of you meaning that you will the same link mode power Naruto and Minato both had. 2. Try and make sure you don't make any mistakes this time - save the people you couldn't save before. 3. You will not lose your memory so that means you will have the same weapons at your arsenal."

"Interesting."

"Goodbye Kakashi"

"Thank you Kurama" and with that I was gone.