Part 3 : Friends?

Next day,

Siddharth couldn't stop thinking about Avneet. Her eyes were all he could see whenever he closes his eyes. Her face shining in moon light was another sight which filled his mind. Last night events and specially Avneet was not ready to leave her mind. But he made himself understand that he was thinking about how to help her and not only her. He decided to ignore those butterflies which were rising in his stomach at even a mere thought of her.

(Idk why this story's romantic scenes make me laugh 😂).

Avneet worked as a part time worker in a NGO. She had always been living in places like this since childhood so she chose to do a job in NGO only. Her mind was also clouded with last night's memories. So much happened last night her meeting him, their closeness, her running from there, him following her and hearing everything, her asking him to leave and denying his help. But she had her own reasons for doing so. She had never felt so attracted to anyone before as she felt for him. His face, those hazel eyes had left an imprint on her mind. "He was too sweet. Did he really want to help me?", she thought. "But what if that bastard got to know? His life will come in danger. Already children's lives are in danger. I can't put anymore lives in danger.", she thought as fear filled her heart.

At night, 12 AM

Siddharth was in his house thinking how to help Avneet without her knowing as she had already pushed him out and pointed knife at him. He fell asleep thinking all that.

He was sleeping when slowly the door of the room opened and someone entered inside. Sm1 closed the door. Siddharth was still sleeping 😴. Sm1 went close to the bed and sat beside him on floor and started admiring him. "I am sorry that I came again and I am more sorry that I pointed knife at you but it was the need of the situation Mr.idk what.", she said while admiring him while he was still sleeping.

(Sm1 was Avneet.)

She couldn't take off her eyes from his face. He was looking too cute while sleeping. She came back to senses and got up but her foot slipped and she fell on Siddharth. "Shit", she muttered. While Siddharth woke up with a jerk as he felt someone dropped on him. His eyes went wide seeing Avneet. She was almost above him and was trying to get up without disturbing him as she didn't want to wake him up like this when she is on top of her. Her hands were in a shape that it seemed like she was going to press Siddharth's neck so Siddharth thought that she came here to kill him (😂).

Siddharth pushed her off him due to fear and Avneet fell onto the ground. She glared him. "You crazy woman," Siddharth shouted, "you wanted to kill me when I was sleeping. Wasn't yesterday enough for you? You had threatened me. See I didn't tell anyone. So why are you after my life?" "And I thought him cute, asshole", Avneet thought and quickly got up.

"Why would I want to kill someone like you? I have much better works in my life.", she shouted back. "I wasn't killing you. I came to talk to you. You fool.", she replied angrily. "Then why were you on top of me and you were going to choke me?", Siddharth asked suspiciously. "Umm vo I slipped and fell on top of you. I was trying to get up and you thought otherwise.", she replied. "Ohh and why did you come here? You asked me not to interfere na?", he asked her.

At this Avneet lowered her head and said, "Umm I am sorry about that. Actually that place wasn't safe for discussing all that. His men keep an eye on orphanage. If he got to know that I took somebody's help he will kill that child. I am really very sorry." Her voice cracked at the end.

"Hey its ok. I am sorry I was dumb to think that he wouldn't keep an eye on you. Please don't cry. I will help you I promise. You just tell me in detail what is happening and who is that bastard? ", he asked in order to calm her. She calmed down and took back her tears.

"But how can I trust you? I can't believe anyone and risk the children's life." "See I recorded everything last night. We have proof against him. All we need to do this divert the men's attention from the orphanage and take back that child from that man." He said and showed her the video. "You don't know what you have done. Thank you so much.", she said with a teary smile. "Its ok. No need. And tell me everything fast.", he said with a smile. Avneet nodded and started.

"I am Avneet. I don't know my surname because I am an orphan since I was born. I mean as much as I remember. I have spent my entire childhood in that orphanage. Our attendant was so sweet. She was like my mother. I used to call her ma. Last month, a man broke into the orphanage with his men. His name is Raghav Sharma. He is a gangster and a monster. He saw me there and threatened her that if I didn't do his work he will kill the orphanage children. Ma refused and he became angry. He k..i...llled her infront of my eyes and threatened me that if I didn't steal for him he will kill the children just like he killed ma. So I agreed. He took that child with him to blackmail me that if I tell anything to anyone he would kill him. Thats how I became a thief. After every theft I felt so guilty but I wasn't able to do anything.", she said and broke down infront of him.

She was crying continously and Siddharth wasn't able to see her like that. He understood the pain of being an orphan. He, in order to calm her down, went closer to her and hugged her. She was shocked at first but hugged him back and cried in his arms while he was caressing her hairs. After sometime she stopped crying and broke the hug.

"Don't worry we will make sure that he rots in hell.", he said with a smile and Avneet too replied with a smile and nod. "Vaise Avneet, your name is too beautiful just like you.", he said flirtatiously winking at her while she blushed and chuckled. Siddharth smiled seeing her.

"I told you everything about myself but I don't even know your name.", Avneet said with a pout. "Ohh well I am Siddharth Nigam. Like you I am also an orphan. My father died when I was only 1 year old. I never saw him. My mother was a heart patient. She too passed away last year. She was my life but now I am all alone. I love her the most in this entire world. The jewellery you stole was her last sign with me.", he replied looking at the sky with little tears in his eyes.

Avneet kept a hand on his shoulder and smiled weakly at him. She was guilty to steal that jewellery. "I am sorry", she said. "Why?",he asked. "Umm coz I stole that jewellery.", she said looking down. "It's ok. You didn't do it willingly.", he replied smiling. She too smiled back. "Anyways if we are done with knowing each other, lets talk about the plan. But before that, Friends?", he asked forwarding his hand. Avneet smiled and held his hand, "Friends." They shaked hands.

Worst endings lead to new beginnings

How was this?

I am finally satisfied with this chapter.

Hope you liked. Do share your reviews.