the idea of you

Hanahaki culture had never been of interest to Osamu until Keiji introduced him to it. Now he had to admit how useful it could be. While he wasn't about to sit down and binge-watch a whole romantic angst series, he would watch Your Flowers whenever he needed to quickly purge everything in his lungs. His memories of Keiji from the night he watched it were so strongly wrapped up in that one scene that he didn't even need to watch the whole thing, just the end.

It had become his routine now when he knew he'd be around Keiji, Atsumu, or Sunarin for long periods of time. He came to know the words Natsu and Yuki uttered and found himself -- like Keiji -- reciting them along with the film as he got ready to go out.

For this particular day, Osamu needed to watch the film because today was Atsumu's bachelor party. He would be carting around a bunch of drunken men around all day, men -- some of whom -- reminded him of certain emotions. He would have half of the Japan National Volleyball team to babysit, which only made him a little bit nervous. He had heard stories of the antics that they had gotten up to in the Olympic village last year from various sources, reputable and not, and was fully prepared to call their Public Relations reps to bail them out of any real trouble. Somehow these people had real sway and made magic happen.

For instance, there was that time that Bokuto got caught streaking at a resort in Okinawa. It got swept under the rug. There was another time Bokuto got caught making out with Sakusa after practice. Those photos magically disappeared. Once Bokuto accidentally uploaded a video of a private Black Jackals' party and his rep was able to make another story bigger to overshadow that one while they worked on getting it purged from the internet.

Really, it was just Bokuto's rep. She got paid the big bucks for a reason -- he might have the most PR problems, but he was also the most highly paid player due to his endorsements and popularity. Brands could overlook the minor issues he had because fans just loved him that much.

Osamu made sure to have her number just in case. Not that he thought he'd need it, but you never know... Especially when he had gotten them a private hotel suite, access to the hotel's rooftop pool where they'd be drinking tiki drinks all afternoon, then galavanting off to a cross-dressing maid cafe for tea (beacuse men in skirts always flustered Atsumu), then to a sushi dinner where Atsumu could get all the otoro he wanted, and finishing off the evening at a karaoke bar. How he'd corral all these drunk men, he didn't know. They'd probably end up skipping the maid cafe if he was being realistic.

While he had one plan for the day, Keiji had another one. He wasn't invited to the actual party since he wasn't that close to Atsumu, but he did want to drop Osamu off, especially since he hated taking the train. Osamu had questioned why when he could take a cab there himself, but Keiji thought that having your boyfriend drop you off would really cement their "relationship." Osamu thought it was just to show off to Bokuto, but he wasn't about to say that out loud.

So there he was, sitting in the passenger seat of Keiji's car staring out the window as they made their way to the hotel. It was past the time he was supposed to be there. In fact, he probably should have been there first to set up, but he didn't even want to be doing this in the first place, so...

Keiji was late to arrive to pick him up -- Osamu was positive that it was so that they would have the largest audience. Keiji feigned ignorance, saying Tenma had an 'emergency.' When he questioned what emergency an editor would need to take care of for his mangaka over the weekend after the chapter had just submitted, Keiji replied, "Reference photos."

"Excuse me?"

"He uses me for reference photos since I played volleyball when he can't make it out to games to take pictures," Keiji said matter-of-factly.