The Past: Part 1

My name's Annabelle (okay so its not my real name, but that's what we are gonna say cause its pretty damn close) I am 16 (at the moment) , and my life is different to say. I have a mom, a sister, and I am made up of half the DNA of the man I call my father. No dad, I haven't found one of those yet. My parent met in a way that I find funny.

        My mom, Erin, was going to group therapy where she met my father's brother, Chris. Well, Chris asked my mom to hang out with, outside of therapy, and well she said yes. My father had to tag along with his older brother, they met and fell in love soon after. When my mom was 18 and my father was 17 they had me, on purpose might I add. My mom had a rough up bringing I would tell you what it is, but it's not important to my story. She said that she had me, because she needed someone to love her unconditionally. My father is a good looking man ,dark brown hair, and dark brown eyes, that I won't deny.

        I wasn't a surprise, I wasn't an accident, I was on purpose. I was her first love and she was mine. Back to my parents, they had me, got married, and a couple years later they were divorced. I don't remember the wedding, I don't remember the fighting over me, I don't remember the yelling and screaming. I remember growing up with my mom. I remember the tea parties, the funny faces, the late nights at places I shouldn't have been at, but what I remember most of is the laughs. 

        The things that I wish I could say I had was a dad that picked me up a twirled me around when I scored a home run in t-ball. I wish I had a dad that would pick me up when I scraped my knee. I wish I just had a dad. I had a father that took me to the park, only to by drugs. I had a father that has been to jail for drugs. I had a father that had staples put in his head, not because a scar or a cut, but because he didn't pay when he was supposed to. 

        I, of course, didn't know where he was until I was able to see my grandparents after years of not see that side of my family for years. My grandmother picked me up, and we went to the pet store and got  bunny. It was a light brown and had the biggest and floppiest ears I have ever seen in my life. Anyway, I was walking in with the rabbit in the box that the pet store gave us to carry it in, and I see him sitting there and I almost drop that stupid rabbit that later on that day pees all over me. I thought it was the best day of my life, it wasn't. It was all a lie, my grandmother didn't tell my mom, my mom didn't tell me he sent me cards for the years he was in there, and I fell for his lie. The lie of wanted being a dad.

        When I was eight he left my life again and my mom was left with me holding, holding her baby girl, watching her cry her eyes out feeling like she was unwanted. He got remarried when I was in the third grade I didn't like the girl but he was back in my life and I didn't want him to leave again so I put on a smile and walked down the idle for their wedding. Even that was after she threatened me that if I tripped and fell that she would spank my ass right then and there. I didn't trip that day but I did later on but only on the web of lies my past has strung up for me now.