Korra

Korra was so confused. She woke up one year ago with no memory of who she was or what she was doing here, scared and alone.

All she knew was that she was alone, other than a dog she had found and named Naga. And her name which she saw on the gravestone, Korra.

She found out she could bend all four elements and was actually pretty good at it too. She traveled through Republic City fighting in illegal underground fights to survive and make money.

There was only one reason why she didn't leave the city. There was a primal instinct in the back of her head telling her to stay. For a tall woman with wavy black hair, beautiful green eyes, a slim body.

She felt the need to protect the girl with everything she had no matter what. She felt a weird feeling for her, one feeling she couldn't place. But whatever it was she couldn't stay away. She found out the woman's name was Asami Sato, a CEO of a really successful company and former singer for the Fire Ferrets.

She had been watching Asami. A few weeks ago was when she first had to engage.

She saw four guys surrounding Asami in the corner of a dark alleyway, and knowing they had bad intentions she attacked them all, killing three of them and leaving the last one paralyzed. After that Asami had passed out so she had ridden Naga to a place that she knew belonged to Asami and placed her on the front doorstep before knocking and running off.

Five days ago she saw Asami asleep on her desk, overworked and exhausted. She went to the store and bought a pillow and a light blue sky bison blanket that she was specifically drawn to before sneaking into Asami's office and moving her to the red couch, tucking her in and placing a kiss on her forehead.

Then two nights ago she gave her Naga. She could sense that Asami was hurting for some reason and wanted to comfort her without having to confront her, so she gave her Naga as a gift.

Now she was peering through the window with an ache in her heart as she watched Asami cry on the couch, being hugged by Naga. Naga never barked when Korra was around because...well, because it was Korra.

Korra wanted more than anything to expose herself to Asami but she just couldn't. Something in her mind was telling her to stay away to keep Asami safe. But her heart was telling her to just be there for Asami.

Over the past year since Korra woke up with no memory she learned one thing: your mind acts off of logic while your heart acts out of emotion.

And emotion makes you vulnerable.