→𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝗵𝗿𝗲𝗲

𝗵𝗲 𝗱𝗼 𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝗹𝗶𝗹 𝗱𝗮𝗻𝗰𝗲𝘆 𝗱𝗮𝗻𝗰𝗲

⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

𝙏𝙃𝙄𝙍𝘿 𝙋𝙀𝙍𝙎𝙊𝙉 𝙋𝙊𝙑

As it turns out, climbing up the roof is a much trickier feat than going down it. Elsie stood on the garage roof having shimmied up the side of it and stared from the greasy, mold ridden roof tiles she had skidded down only hours prior, to her bedroom window.

It was closed.

"For fucks sake" She exclaimed, her fingers making their way to her temples.  

There was no point in attempting the steep journey back up to her room. She had been caught and she could just picture her mom waiting by the door to wreak all hell loose on the teen.

Having to sneak around just for an innocent date with her boyfriend seemed endlessly unfair to Elsie. She had no regrets of course and it had been lovely as they had settled for staying at the ice cream parlour after Robin had left. They had been given permission by Gene (the manager) on the condition that they clean the machines and lock up when they're finished. 

The date had ended with Steve escorting her back to her car and leaving a delicate peck on her nose before he practically skipped back to his ride. 

Accepting her fate, Elsie huffed and jumped back down.

She dragged her feet all the way up to the door, dreading the unavoidable lecture she would have to sit through. 

Raising her hand to the door, she didn't have time to register what had happened as it swung open abruptly and she found herself face to face with Jessica whose peeved expression quickly turned to glee.

"Jess, is mum-" 

"You are in so much trouble" she drawled, dragging out the 'o' as she pushed past.

Elsie stared daggers into her sister's back, watching enviously as she skipped away before stepping slowly into the hallway and making a beeline for the staircase.

"And where do you think you're going?"

The voice caused Elsie to stop and spin on her heel

"Hey mom.." 

She tried a hopeful smile but met her mother's stone cold expression and gulped.

"I've expressed to you time and again that boys are off limits whilst you live under my roof" she ranted, pacing up and down the kitchen.

"I know but it's a ludicrous rule" Elsie stated with her arms crossed and her eyes narrowed as she became increasingly frustrated.