~*Prologue*~

//3rd Person//

*11 Years Ago*

Six-year-old Calum T. Hood sat at his kitchen table, writing a poem about his favorite animal for a school project.

"Mommy!" Calum yelled, startling his mom who was making dinner in the kitchen.

"Yes dear?" his mother bent down so that she was eye-level with him.

"I finished my poem, can you read it?" He had the pleading eyes, and he didn't forget about the pouty lip.

His mother took the poem out of his frail hands and began to read.

"A story by Calum T Hood
7 July 2002

Onece a pon a time
There was a turtle how lived in side a big big cave and had no family.
It had a hard shell it was my turtle
In the Cave it had a dark Cave too
it was too dark you coldent see
Becase the turtle was to small it was
Smalla then a bug
The turtle Lade an egg. Today or Tomorrow It had a bomb on it and it blowd up.

The End"

His mom chuckled slightly, "Its amazing, honey."

Calum took the paper back and ran off with a smile spread across his face.

~*~*~

(The next day)

"Calum, you have a play date today with the new kid next door." Calum's mom said.

Calum parted his mouth in excitement, "Yay!" he exclaimed, "What is his name?"

"Well, her name is Laila and her and her mom will be over in about an hour. I want you to clean your room up a bit and get dressed. Ok?"

"Ok." Calum was a little upset that it was a girl because, you know, girls have 'cooties'.

~*~

As Calum put way the last the last of his toys, his mother called him.

"Calum honey! Laila is here!"

"I'm coming!"

As Calum got to the bottom of the stairs, his eyes widened at the sight of Laila. She had dark drown hair that made her bright blue eyes stand out. She wore her hair down in waves with her dress, having a white torso and a colorful skirt.

"Calum, take Laila upstairs and play while her mom and I talk." His mom interrupted his thoughts.

"Ok." Calum walked upstairs with Laila, holding her hand to guide her to his room.

They both sat down on Calum's bed. While Laila was looking at the room observing the littlest details, Calum was staring at Laila. Not in a creepy way, he was observing her beauty.

"Why are you staring at me?" Laila spoke up once she found Calum staring at her.

"No reason, what do you girls like to play with anyways?

"Do you have dolls?" Laila asked.

"I think my sister does, let me go ask." Calum stood up and walked to his sister, Mali's room.

"Hey Mali, do you have any dolls?"

"Why?" Mali questioned.

"I have a friend over for a play date and she likes dolls."

"Ok, there are some over there." Mali pouts to the corner, which is filled with stuffed animals.

Calum takes around 5-6 stuffed animals and heads back to his room.

"I have some dolls for you." Calum said to Laila while placing the dolls on the bed next to her.

After a few minutes of them both playing dolls, Laila spoke.

"Wanna be best friends?"

Calum smiled, "Yeah."

~*~*~*~*~

Prologue is finished yay! I'm gonna try to post every weekend if I can so look forward to that :)