Prologue

The silent night echoed through the ears of Thunderclan cats and Windclan cats as the leaders of both clans talked with harsh words.  As Soon as both the leaders stepped back the Thunderclan leader called out. “Attack!"

        At the call the Thunderclan cats rushed forwards followed by the Windclan cats. Their leaders stared at each other with cold, hostile eyes as the shrieks of their clanmates filled the air. Blood splashed against the grassy surface as the clan leaders began to bristle and slowly walk towards each other; their claws glinting against the moonlight. As the distance between them began to close the fighting and screeching of the cats began to fade; the only thing on their mind was their opponent. The cats in their way began to disperse to let their leaders through before quickly leaping onto their next opponent.

        Slowly the leader’s stood  in front of each other eyes full of hate. The Windclan leader leaped at the Thunderclan leader; their claws ripping away at the fur of their opponent. Around the leaders scared, brave cats screeched with pain. The thunderclan leader was now pinning the Windclan leader who was now squirming under his grip trying to get up. “I wish I didn’t have to do this Harestar but you leave me no choice!” The thunderclan leader hissed into the creamy brown she-cat’s ear. The thunderclan leader’s claws ripped down the chest of the Windclan leader. The shocked screeched told the Deputy of Windclan it was time to retreat.

“Retreat Windclan, Retreat!” The Deputy called racing to his leader’s side. He gasped at the sight of his leader’s condition then looked up to the Thunderclan leader “You’ll regret this Redstar!”  He hissed dragging the limp body of his leader towards Windclan camp. The Thunderclan leader just watched with narrowed eyes as the Windclan deputy dragged his leader away.

A small black she-cat with white spots walked over to her leader, her eyes dark and heavy, “I am sorry Redstar, this is all my fault… I should have stopped him when there was still time.” She looked up to him with sad eyes before looking away.

The Thunderclan leader looked down at her, his eyes narrowed; however there was kindness in his gaze. “No, this is not your fault, he chose his own path on his own. We all know your not to blame…” His gaze drifts to a large tom that was charging towards them. Stepping back so that the tom wouldn’t topple him he began to search for his deputy.  Sandnose, the deputy of Thunderclan padded over her eyes showed pain and sickness. Redstar sighed “The darkness is rising..we need the light more than ever..”

“We will need to find it soon” Sandnose coughed; there was a determined look in her eyes as she watched the fleeing Windclan cats. “And I think I know where to start.”